"I Worship Chaos" Discussion Thread

I'm like 99% sure the plasmatics cover will be sung by Wednesday 13 since it's really his style (punk, not thrash:Smug:) And Danger Zone (fuck yeah, TopGun!! \m/) will be sung by Kim Dylla.
As for BWD I'm guessing Alexi will be on vocals.

There's that golden shimmer in the 80's rock, but never forget death metal is beyond when it's done right. Alexi's Bodom vocals and the darkness of metal just can't go hand-in-hand with 80's rock.

There's that golden shimmer in the 80's rock, but never forget death metal is beyond when it's done right. Alexi's Bodom vocals and the darkness of metal just can't go hand-in-hand with 80's rock.

alpharhochiepsilonomicron%20lambdapsietasigmaf.jpg

But will he try growling since Inearthed?

well, who can really tell until hearing it? I love the original song, but Bodom always give a special vibe to their covers, so I'm fine even if he doesn't try the growling stuff.

This one with better quality. I like it, but will be interesting to see how the actual Bodom sounds with these influences, and how the whole sun/dark contrast translates into the music.

Last edited by a moderator:
As the english link doesn't have that more description info, here's a rough translation:

Alexi Laiho and his crew have been the spirit of metal for years! It has to be fast, and mean. Let it be their music, which is very own or the wild parties which demaned tribute from Laiho. However, the quintet doesn't think about soft-pedalling. After the great "Halo of Blood" they stepped up their game with "I Worship Chaos" once more. The title is programmatic - for the music as for the creators lifestyles.

Alexi explains: "The title is referring to the fact that I can't ply with silence, total freedom, boredom or if nothing happens at life. If nothing happens, I look for trouble." However, the guitarist has learned to cope with these circumstances. "I always try to get out as clean as possible when I put myself into trouble. Eventually, I earn my living with playing guitar. We live and learn." Alltough he doesn't say no to a quiet day at the beach. His I-pod is always on 11 though. "Fuck silence, it scares me" he laughs.

Musically, you can expect the full BODOM-sound as usual. Henkka has a little more trouble with exact specifications. "To me it sounds like BODOM. As every record. I have to listen to it ten times before I can say something - but even then it's hard for me. I think our fans can describe it best as usual." and grins satisfied. Despite that he has a few listening tips. "I roughly have four favourite songs on the record but the other ones are great aswell! The title track is astounding and the bouncer (last song, I guess) is pretty interessting. This one is something we have never done before." So, listen up people.

In a lyrical way, Alexi once more focusses on hate. "It's about negative feelings. We also have misanthropic songs which are about people I see on a daily basis." This alone would be to dull, even something occult is there. "A few songs deal with witches and witchcraft. A universe which is very important in my life. 'Morrigan' tells about a man that is deeply in love with the black goddess Morrigan."

Last sentences are just that they haven't changed anything regarding recording, they only changed venues and recorded in their own studio which everyone liked and is proud of.

Discovered something about Halo of Blood.

Some things on the album were inspired by the wintery album of Dissection, and Alexi named 'suicides' as the theme (from his personal life, too), but I found this:

"Jon Nodtveidt is the lead guitarist and singer for the Swedish band Dissection, which was put on hold while he served 7 years in prison. Nodtveidt was released in 2004, after he was convicted of being an accessory to the murder of Josef ben Meddour, a gay Algerian man. Nodtveidt took his own life in 2006 with a single gunshot, while sitting in a circle of lit candles and the Satanic Bible."

Henkka: "I think our fans can describe it best as usual."

d8e3c3e76a2026d0297c8d8ea1f30bb0.jpg

"I roughly have four favourite songs on the record but the other ones are great aswell!

So about 4 good songs again? :p

"The title track is astounding and the bouncer (last song, I guess) is pretty interesting. This one is something we have never done before."

I guess Henkka doesn't really dig Bodom with heart and he's just looking for some different / interesting pieces on new albums.

Alexi: "A few songs deal with witches and witchcraft. A universe which is very important in my life. 'Morrigan' tells about a man that is deeply in love with the black goddess Morrigan."

Good to see Alexi still has the deep thinking in him. Witches are the catalysts of black magic, white magic, also mythical entities of feminity, night, etc in lore, Lilith, Mother Kali and many goddesses. These elements are essential in the Bodom horror themes. Wonder what the other songs are. Maybe I Hurt is about voodoo dolls?

New Cradle of Filth album is titled Hammer of the Witches.

Some things on the album were inspired by the wintery album of Dissection, and Alexi named 'suicides' as the theme (from his personal life, too), but I found this:

"Jon Nodtveidt is the lead guitarist and singer for the Swedish band Dissection, which was put on hold while he served 7 years in prison. Nodtveidt was released in 2004, after he was convicted of being an accessory to the murder of Josef ben Meddour, a gay Algerian man. Nodtveidt took his own life in 2006 with a single gunshot, while sitting in a circle of lit candles and the Satanic Bible."

yeah but this old news about Jon. Plus, when that metalsucks chat with Alexi took place back in 2013, he was asked about Dissection's impact on Bodom and he said that their music has always been a great influence. But not that Jon's suicide affected the HOB concept. If someone's death had an impact on HOB, that would be Tonmi Lillman's.

"I roughly have four favourite songs on the record but the other ones are great aswell!"

Roughly?? What's that supposed to mean? :p

"...while sitting in a circle of lit candles and the Satanic Bible" what a poser, fuck him.

Approximately/nearly, maybe ballpark in this context, though roughly is correct if you guess/estimate something which Henkka did here.

yes, I know what roughly means. he just sounds like he's not that excited. :err:

yes, I know what roughly means. he just sounds like he's not that excited. :err:

He never is, I think. He wasn't that excited in the Halo of Blood Track by Track review if I recall correct and he was very down to earth in the CRY DVD. Maybe that's just how he is.

You can't expect 5-7 dudes to deeply love the same music, even if they were blood brothers or a freshly formed band. Henkka does his job very well. He also seems to have an analytical approach in a sense that he doesn't use adjectives much. I think the story is we can be happy if this album tops the last two. Personal favourite tracks also tend to vary depending on person when it comes to COB. I have hopes up for this album, since there seems to be much positivity...

There's a guy on youtube, who strongly whine under Dissection songs about CoB RIP off everything from Dissection for HoB (which is a really strong excess, I think, I personally found two identical things which was nearly copied)
Someone should show him these posts...but I don't care..

As the english link doesn't have that more description info, here's a rough translation:

Alexi Laiho and his crew have been the spirit of metal for years! It has to be fast, and mean. Let it be their music, which is very own or the wild parties which demaned tribute from Laiho. However, the quintet doesn't think about soft-pedalling. After the great "Halo of Blood" they stepped up their game with "I Worship Chaos" once more. The title is programmatic - for the music as for the creators lifestyles.

Alexi explains: "The title is referring to the fact that I can't ply with silence, total freedom, boredom or if nothing happens at life. If nothing happens, I look for trouble." However, the guitarist has learned to cope with these circumstances. "I always try to get out as clean as possible when I put myself into trouble. Eventually, I earn my living with playing guitar. We live and learn." Alltough he doesn't say no to a quiet day at the beach. His I-pod is always on 11 though. "Fuck silence, it scares me" he laughs.

Musically, you can expect the full BODOM-sound as usual. Henkka has a little more trouble with exact specifications. "To me it sounds like BODOM. As every record. I have to listen to it ten times before I can say something - but even then it's hard for me. I think our fans can describe it best as usual." and grins satisfied. Despite that he has a few listening tips. "I roughly have four favourite songs on the record but the other ones are great aswell! The title track is astounding and the bouncer (last song, I guess) is pretty interessting. This one is something we have never done before." So, listen up people.

In a lyrical way, Alexi once more focusses on hate. "It's about negative feelings. We also have misanthropic songs which are about people I see on a daily basis." This alone would be to dull, even something occult is there. "A few songs deal with witches and witchcraft. A universe which is very important in my life. 'Morrigan' tells about a man that is deeply in love with the black goddess Morrigan."

Last sentences are just that they haven't changed anything regarding recording, they only changed venues and recorded in their own studio which everyone liked and is proud of.

Thanks for the translation. Nice to see someone else than me translating something here :D