Ibanez ts or Maxon OD?

marios.blythe

Jul 30, 2011
Hello guys,is it a good idea to use real overdrive or screamer pedal with podfarm?has anyone try that?
and what you preffer? i want it for metalcore/deathcore songs..thanks

depends on the amp, but ive found the Ibanez to have a touch more bottom end than the maxon 808. But that may not work with the amp that youre using it into!

Of all the variations I've used, here's my personal preference/ranking for the purpose of boosting/voicing a high-gain amp:

Maxon OD9 Pro Plus > Maxon OD820 > Maxon OD9 > Maxon OD808 > Ibanez TS9 > Ibanez TS808

They all get the job done with minor variations, and I'd be happy using any of them.

IMO it goes OD-808 > OD-9+ Pro > OD-9 > TS-9 > TS-7 of the ones I've tried.

The 808 is the tightest sounding with I guess the most pronounced midrange, I use that OD for when i'm playing thrash/death metal, I like the OD-9+ when i'm playing softer music as its more balanced and playing chords sound better. The other OD's were shit in comparison.

I'm loving both my od820 and od808.
I'm using the 808 a bit more often, but not necessarily cause it's better, it's just different.
The tighter and mid heavier the amp naturally is, the more I'm gravitating towards the "wider" sounding 820, looser and more scooped soundng amps sound better with the 808.
But to be honest the differences really aren't that big, grab either one of the maxons

Several shootouts can be found on youtube. I find this one to be very helpful.

Last edited by a moderator: