IbanezTS9 owner? plz help me!

MetalSir

Nov 17, 2008
hi!
i'm programming a virtual guitar processor.. something like g_rig & co. (but i hope REALLY BETTER!)..
so i'm simulating some phisical models of famous guitar distortion/overdrive/fuzz.. something like: bigmuff, rat, mt2, ts9 and so on..
i own all this pedal except for the Ibz TS9..

i'm searching for someone that own this pedal for testing my vst simulation.

some of you own this pedal?

if yes: if i give you a small audio clip of clean guitar, can you give me back the same track processed trough the pedal by following the setup i need?

tks a lot!
:headbang:

I think it's great that you're doing this!

As for the pedal, I wish I could help ya but I don't own one. Why am I then posting? I'm just a forum whore who is trying to increase his post count here and there =)

Good luck man!

I have an Ibanez TS9, but no reamp device at the moment so I'm not sure if I can do what you want me to do.
I could send it from an output of my soundscard through the ST9 and back into an input but I'm not sure if that will give you the desired result.
Let me know if I can be of help.

I have a TS9 but it's down at our rehearsal place. Tomorrow I'll going there and bring it home, so after that I can help you.
Oh I've just read that you want to simulate a rat too. I have a Rat 2 if that's good for you.

I have a TS9 but it's down at our rehearsal place. Tomorrow I'll going there and bring it home, so after that I can help you.
Oh I've just read that you want to simulate a rat too. I have a Rat 2 if that's good for you.
ok man! =)
you are really great! =)

ok for ts9 and for rat! =)

now i send you the audio file to reamp with both (ts9 e rat2) and the docs with the setups of the pedals for reamping trough! =)

reall really tks man!

and really tks to all you for supporting me! =)

guyz help me with some ideas!!

what do you WANT from a guitar processor that in othes software SUCKS A LOT?

i'm developing by simulating the REAL pedal filter and freq response some pedals like rat2, mt2, ts9, bigmuff.. and a lot of other stuff like flanger, chorus, reverbs, phaser, shifter, denoiser, and so on..
what i'm forgetting??

if you have some ideas plz tell me!! =)

and tks a lot!

it's a project for a degree exam.. =) nothing commercial.. just hard programming.. =) [...] what do you WANT from a guitar processor that in othes software SUCKS A LOT? [...] i'm developing by simulating the REAL pedal filter and freq response some pedals

At first I thought that this was going to be for a degree program, which is cool and I usually support university/school-related projects, but because now you said that you are going to do it that extensively, I am being very skeptical about this, and have a high believe that you will either A) never finish this or B) eventually turn this into a commercial product some day, so I will not help you with developing this product, eventho I have the TS9 back home. If you want to emulate the TS9, go buy it yourself. You can always sell it or return it afterwards.

what i'm forgetting??

...the fact that this has already been done before (A lot of information on the subject here: http://www.bteaudio.com/articles/TSS/TSS.html) and almost all of the big names have done it for their amp modellers (like Peavy Revalver, IK Multimedia Amplitube, Digidesign Eleven...) and there even is an opensource project similiar to this, its pretty much flooded market unless the product will be free (and especially for mac): http://cp-gfx.sourceforge.net/

You also forgot the fact that for example distortion pedals behaviour can't be read with just filter and frequency responses. They generate a lot of semi-random stuff that can't be just read from the graphs. Like hiss, hum, noise, harmonics, transient shaping, saturation, and they get altered by a lot of variables like guitar and its pickups, the cables used, surrounding electric field, ground loops, battery life, wear&tear of the components, and so on. Things even sound different if you use batteries or 9V wall-wart.

Even if you would buy the boxes, open up and see what components and schematics they have inside and then do code modules for each individual component, but then there is a lot of stuff that you can't code like transformers. You may be able to make a believeable emulation, buts just not the real deal. Analog distortion just sounds different because every component react differently. The digitally modelled soft clipping distortion can sound good, but it won't be the same.

At first I thought that this was going to be for a degree program, which is cool and I usually support university/school-related projects, but because now you said that you are going to do it that extensively, I am being very skeptical about this, and have a high believe that you will either A) never finish this or B) eventually turn this into a commercial product some day, so I will not help you with developing this product, eventho I have the TS9 back home. If you want to emulate the TS9, go buy it yourself. You can always sell it or return it afterwards.
IT'S A UNIVERSITY PROJ, if you believe this you're wellcome. if you don't i don't care.
if you want help us you are wellcome, if no: BYE.

BTW, others are helpin' me with this project, even from this forum.
tks&lol!

No dude, I'm telling you that the Ibanez TS7 is the SAME THING as the TS-9, same circuit, just different housing is all.

~006

man, you really have done a great reampin'work for me!

i really apreciate it, and i really thank you! =)

here the fft of the first two distortion simulation.. =)

Boss MT2
Ibanez TS9

:kickass:

Eventho they images are are separate from eachother, you can clearly see that they arent being equal. The MT-2 for example has a lot more of the bright color (emphasis) in the 500-3000hz range, when your simulation has a lot more emphasis on the 0-200hz range and some harmonic distortion from 3kzh forward. So without hearing audioclips and judging from just those images, I would say they sound different.