Iced Earth & Demons Fans

Is Demons and Wizards any good or what? I either hear it is complete crap (with bad production) or I hear it is brilliant.

Although everyone does admit that Fiddler on the Green is great.

Originally posted by maestro_al
Is Demons and Wizards any good or what? I either hear it is complete crap (with bad production) or I hear it is brilliant.

Although everyone does admit that Fiddler on the Green is great.

Frigging great Album, great production, it rules but I tend to get bored with it after 5 or 6 songs, it is worth it for the first track alone(not the chanting shit)

Iced Earth rule the planet!! I would have killed to see them live this year. It looks like I will have to wait until the Fall tour.. anyone have any details on that?
From everyone I have talked to that went to the Iced/flames/jag show Iced Earth totally blew everyone else away!! I wasnt too surprised to hear that though. Wel let me know if you know anything about the Fall tour.
Anyone going to the Bloodfest??? That will be completely amazing I am sure!!!

Amy

Iced Earth is a major part of the sound of Demos And Wizards, but probably that cd it's going to be more appealing to Blind Guardian fans that Iced Earth fans. The music is too calm and melodic sometimes, and power metal fans like that most than the thrash ones. generally.

Originally posted by MetalMaiden1777
Iced Earth rule the planet!! I would have killed to see them live this year. It looks like I will have to wait until the Fall tour.. anyone have any details on that?
Amy

Go to the ProgPower forum for reviews on the Iced Earth gigs. They were the best band of the night, In Flames were ok, and Jag Panzer fucking ruled.

Jag Panzer are sooo underrated. :headbang:

Iced Earth Ruleess!:rolleyes:
This band is sensational! Their album Something this way come is a masterpiece of Heavy Metal!Mathew barlow is a great vocalist an John Schaffer is extraordinary!:D :p
B000024B20.03.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Originally posted by The Metal Master
I loved "Horror Show". I am curious to hear Demons and Wizards. At least the cover art is cool;)

Out of interest, is "Horror Show" the only Iced Earth CD you've heard? If so, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised when you hear Dark Saga and Something Wicked. They are far, far better.

Alive in Athens is also great.

:)

Originally posted by maestro_al

Out of interest, is "Horror Show" the only Iced Earth CD you've heard? If so, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised when you hear Dark Saga and Something Wicked. They are far, far better.

Alive in Athens is also great.

:)

I have "Something Wicked..." and "Alive in Athens" (2 CD set) as well. Next up is Dark Genesis....rock on!

I love both IE and BG, they're two great bands!!!
But I have to say that Demons & Wizards is much more like BG than IE...

There'd have been an IE concert were I live but because of some problems they cancelled it :cry:
I couldn't see Horror Show! :cry: I hate those f*cking customs officers :mad: