Iced Earth

Papasmurf89

New Metal Member
Dec 9, 2004
Hi,

I don't know if you guys like Iced Earth or not but I love them. Anyways, what are some bands that are similar to Iced Earth? Also, what kind of metal would you call their music?

Thanks!

yeah, power metal.

Other bands in the power metal genre you might like.

Kamelot
Angra
Shaman
Angel Dust
Dark Moor
Demons & Wizards
Dragonforce
Sonata Arctica
Stratovarius

indeed, power metal.

check out...
edguy
blind guardian
rhapsody
sonata arctica
stratovarius
dragon force
gravedigger
symphony x
primal fear
~gR~

Some great power metal

Jag Panzer-Mechanized Warfare,Casting The Stones.
Blind Guardian-Follow The Blind,Imaginations From The Other Side
Brainstorm-Ambiguity,Soul Temptation
Armored Saint-Delirious Nomad
Sanctuary-Refuge Denied,Into The Mirrow Black
Seven Witches-Year of The With
Demons & Wizards-s/t(Jon from Iced Earth,Hansi from Blind Guardian
Symphony X-The Odyssey
Helloween-Walls of Jericho,The Dark Ride,Better Than Raw
Judas Priest-Painkiller

NWOBHM/Power Metal band that influenced Iced Earth.
Iron Maiden-Powerslave,Piece of Mind

Not full on power metal but you might want to check out Nevermore. I'd start with Deadheart In A Dead World.

Yes, fucking MANTICORA. Also check out Agent Steel, Wuthering Heights, Winters Bane, and from the previously posted lists Brainstorm, Blind Guardian (earlier stuff is more IE-ish), Demons & Wizards (side project of IE's main songwriter and Blind Guardian's vocalist), Gamma Ray, Helloween, and Jag Pazer. I dunno where the fuck people got Rhapsody and Sonata Arctica, but they're really not like Iced Earth at all.

Iced Earth are pretty good, though I don't like their latest CD all that much. I would call them a thrashy power metal band. Pretty much all bands that sound anything like them have been mentioned already. Maybe check out Doomsword. They are slower than Iced Earth. Some people consider them doom metal, but I think that they are more of a slower paced power metal band. Thy Majestie, a power metal band for which the Doomsword ex-vocalist used to sing, is pretty good, too.

Iced Earth are awesome and one of the leaders in the world of power metal. Along with Iced Earth comes Blind Guardian, they to me are the two leaders in power metal. Then you have Demons & Wizards which is the project of Jon Schaffer from Iced Earth and Hansi Kursch from Blind Guardian.

Other bands to check out...

Brainstorm
Jag Panzer
Masterplan
Tad Morose
Morgana Lefay
Manticora
Grave Digger
Rage
Gamma Ray
Pagan's Mind
Seven Witches
Metalium
Helloween

Power metal? Can someone really call their self titled and NotS power metal albums? They were more thrash sounding to me. Burnt Offerings could be called some kind of dark power metal... IMO, they got very bad with their last CD.