Iced earth - Dystopia (2011)

I heard two songs and Stu is really good at sounding like other people. which might be better for him, since his own singing voice isn't all that memorable.

It's hard for me to get into an Iced Earth album in 2011, but if Stu is just as good live at imitating Barlow as he is on record and they play a majority of pre-Horror Show stuff, then I'll probably get really drunk and check them out live in November.

Haven't seem them live or listened to their albums in like ten years though.

The Glorious burden was a good album. The Gettysburg trilogy nails it. Most of the other songs are decent and some are great(Attilla, Waterloo). I think it's better than framing armageddon.

Djöfull;10030163 said:
The Glorious burden was a good album. The Gettysburg trilogy nails it. Most of the other songs are decent and some are great(Attilla, Waterloo). I think it's better than framing armageddon.

I agree here... Although I don't think it was BETTER than Framing Armageddon, as I loved that album too (Crucible of Man however, wasn't very good).

The entire contents of a Sealy warehouse could not contain the epic sleep this album brings. Fucking snoozefest.

If Night of the Stormrider, Burnt Offerings and Dark Saga got in a fight, who would win? (Or in an attempt to save myself from smartass comments, which do you think is better?)

I used to wave the NOTS flag when I was a big Iced Earth fan, but as I got out of them, or rather stopped following them I started to like Burnt Offerings the best.

Those have been their most popular songs. If this is a surprise to you then you don't listen to Iced Earth much. Then again I can't blame you, I lost interest in them years ago.

I do listen them. Overplayed either means they're played on the radio too much or you have no self restraint and you yourself listened to them way to much. Either way, this doesn't speak to the quality of the songs themselves. In fact, if the latter is true, it only means they are in fact good songs and you couldn't control yourself because of it.

:lol:

And ALSO, those really aren't their most popular songs at all! Something Wicked Trilogy, A Question of Heaven, Stormrider, Violate, to name a few are always the ones people want to hear. Dracula is really the biggest one from that album.