Iced Earth -Leaked Single

I'm pretty sure I'd rather listen to a bag full of kittens being repeatedly slammed against a spiked-wall than listen to Ripper-IE. The new song is just pitiful, the music is rehashed (which, I know, can usually be accepted from the Iced Earth standpoint), and the vocals sound like...well, see above, RE: slaughtered cats.

The Gettysburg trilogy, in my opinion, is the only worthwhile piece of Ripper's stint in the band (how I hope it will be short-lived), and even it is only cool because of the emotion packed into the music.

It just saddens me to remember the amazing group that was Iced Earth (especially their pummeling live presence), and to discover that the only thing really carrying the band was Matt Barlow's voice.

Meh, whatever, I'm looking forward to Pyramaze.

I have a feeling Pyramaze are going to sound like every other power metal band out there now, but with Matt Barlow singing. I'd buy an album of a bag of cats being smashing into a wall too.

I have a feeling Pyramaze are going to sound like every other power metal band out there now, but with Matt Barlow singing. I'd buy an album of a bag of cats being smashing into a wall too.

Yeah, I've heard the first two albums they released and they are alright. I enjoy their sound, but the mixing is not top notch on either album. Hopefully, it will be better with Barlow in the mix.

Honestly, when I listen to Iced Earth with Ripper: they sound like every other power metal band out there. Thus, my theory is that Matt Barlow will elevate ANY band to a state of raw power.

And come to think of it, a bag of cat smashes record might be a pretty cool investment.

This is hardly an intelligent conversation, regardless of my involvement or lack thereof. Should i start using huge words and cut "fuck" out of all my posts? Would that make it more intelligent? Vocabulary and articulation aside, the point remains the same. And i don't feel the need to memorize the dictionary to impress people on teh intarwebz, so feel free to stop touchin' anytime now. By the way, like i said in 3 threads, you'll be at the seattle show, i'll be at the seattle show. We should meet up and bs, i promise i don't bite in real life.

haha yeah i know its all good and i actually agree with you that the conversation really isn't intelligent anyway. I just saying that since obviously ripper isn't acually to blame for everything (most things, not all though :loco: ) it kinda doesn't make sense to post it. seriously though, we gotta find eachother in seattle, duke it out in front of the venue after the show, then go have a beer!

I say beer first, duke it out second. I get more intelligent with convo the more beer i consume. It's a fact. At least in my mind :lol:

idunno man, it seems like u wanna AVOID the intelligent conversation... u know what sucks, my buddy coming with me is only 19 so we won't be able to get into any shit afterwards.