Iced Earth's new vocalist...

Psychonaut

God Of Emptiness
Nov 29, 2002
Second left after Wal-Mart
Visit site
I was listening to a talk radio station this morning in the Akron, Ohio area and the station was talking to "Ripper" Owens about leaving Judas Priest (Tim is native to this area). He said he had already recorded a full length album in Indiana and was going to Florida to master it. He also said that he was working on some solo stuff as well. Now, if memory serves me, Jon Schaffer is from Indiana and has a studio in his house. He also said that the band he recorded with will take him all around the world and sell more albums than he did with Priest. I'm not sure what to think of it yet but I think "Ripper" is a great singer and I'm glad that Jon got the album re-recorded and it won't stay shelved for too long. I hope it's good!

Oh yeah, if I'm wrong on all of this, you didn't hear it from me!

Psychonaut said:
I was listening to a talk radio station this morning in the Akron, Ohio area and the station was talking to "Ripper" Owens about leaving Judas Priest (Tim is native to this area). He said he had already recorded a full length album in Indiana and was going to Florida to master it. He also said that he was working on some solo stuff as well. Now, if memory serves me, Jon Schaffer is from Indiana and has a studio in his house. He also said that the band he recorded with will take him all around the world and sell more albums than he did with Priest. I'm not sure what to think of it yet but I think "Ripper" is a great singer and I'm glad that Jon got the album re-recorded and it won't stay shelved for too long. I hope it's good!

Oh yeah, if I'm wrong on all of this, you didn't hear it from me!

This would be great wouldn't it?

The only two people I have heard being mentoned to replace Matt Barlow have been Ripper Owens and Tim Aymar (Control Denied). Personally I think Tim Aymar's vocals would fit Iced Earth very well, and would be the better choice. Plus... I dont think someone who sings for a Disturbed cover band on his free time should be the new vocalist of Iced Earth.