Ideas?

Lakestream

May 1, 2001
Uppsala, Sweden
Visit site
I'm bored, so I'm thinking about writing a song....a long one
I wanna beat Crimson...... :D

well, anyways, I have lots of riffs that I always thought of as different songs, but it struck me that almost all of them are in 3/4, so they'd work well together.

My problem is this....what's it gonna be about?
I was thinking about taking some story from Lovecraft or so (no, NOT "the call of ktooooloooo").....maybe Polaris or The Quest of Iranon.

Better ideas?

Originally posted by Lakestream
I'm bored, so I'm thinking about writing a song....a long one
I wanna beat Crimson...... :D

well, anyways, I have lots of riffs that I always thought of as different songs, but it struck me that almost all of them are in 3/4, so they'd work well together.

My problem is this....what's it gonna be about?
I was thinking about taking some story from Lovecraft or so (no, NOT "the call of ktooooloooo").....maybe Polaris or The Quest of Iranon.

Better ideas?

Damn, a 40 minute song in 3/4, FOLKY MUCH! You can call it the worlds' longest beer drinking song.

In most cases he is thinking 6/8. Just about everything I write is in 6/8, I just love those triplet signatures and the folky feel! :tickled:

3/4 is waltz
the accentuation is on "two" and "three"

da-DA-DA-da-DA-DA

6/8
the accentuation is on "one" and "four"

DA-da-da-DA-da-da

btw 6/8 is played faster in general

anyways, back to the original question (it doesn't matter what timing its in!!) i could come up with some pretty good ideas, but what does the song sound like? the message of the song has got to fit the feel of the song.