If Mort Divine ruled the world

I only watched a few minutes of that, but the "capitulate to privilege" thing was weird. I thought privilege was something intrinsic to a given privileged class and not something the privileged can just opt out of by paying the right dues.

I imagine you can capitulate if you decide you won't take a hired position if there's a minority candidate, make sure your bank loan interest rate is higher than the highest minority person etc.

my main issue is maher has been pro-free speech and pro-offense via jokes and totally goes into "if my words cause pain i'm sorry." he's whack

Campus Free Speech Act could be implemented in the fall semester

If a UW student is found to have two violations of interfering with someone’s free expression rights by preventing them from speaking, they would face a minimum one-semester suspension. Working on a three-strikes-out model, the same student would be expelled if found violating policies a third time during their college career.

Additionally, anyone is able to report a UW student for violating the policies. Two or more reports against a student would launch a disciplinary hearing to decide penalties.

Shop owner in the United Kingdom put "Don't Fund Terrorism" on his shop sign to protest the fact that some shops in the United Kingdom were found funneling money to terrorist organizations in the middle east.

Police are now threatening to change him with public misconduct. :rofl:

DCqFefsXgAAEv5K.jpg:large

Reactions: CiG
This doesn't go really anywhere so I'll drop it here because of his 15 secs of fame related to this sort of stuff: Jordan Peterson is an incredible mind. Even when I disagree with him, his ability to take in and synthesize so much data and then turn around and explain it and his thought process without sounding pretentious is incredible.

Reactions: CiG

CIG if you're still a fan of this dude you must rethink it all

Actually, the fact that immediately after that interview, he himself admitted it was a terrible interview and he came across like a moron/dick makes me like him a little bit more.

Funnily enough, even though I liked that Joe Rogan checked his victim complex, he wasn't wrong about his prediction that articles would be written about him that totally distort what happened.

http://archive.fo/n85Nh#selection-511.1-511.23

https://samzdat.com/2017/06/28/without-belief-in-a-god-but-never-without-belief-in-a-devil/

This dude is writing out, in great detail and with some research, precisely the impressions I've come to by mere observation and without serious research.

The impetus to join a movement appears among the poor and the wealthy, so it can’t be strictly economic (the abjectly poor aren’t actually frustrated: the chapter is instead about why they aren’t). It appears among the unemployed and the ambitious, so it can’t just be “a job”. It appears among the smart and the stupid, so it’s not simple intelligence. What these groups instead share is dissatisfaction with the self and an attempt to substitute their self for a larger group identity. Or, this:

"The less justified a man is in claiming excellence for his own self, the more ready he is to claim all excellence for his nation, his religion, his race, or his holy cause."

Frustration in Hoffer’s lexicon, is never only frustration with “the system” or the status quo. It is always, always frustration with yourself. Even that frustration with the system is your own relation to it. This doesn’t mean it’s unjustified. It might be, like if the system stole your wife, but it might not be (examples abound). Its objective justification is fundamentally irrelevant. The individual always feels that it is.