Who ruled the 90's?

I'm not the biggest fan of CDRs either, I just make people greatest hits so they'll go out and buy the records themselves. :)

Heartwork is a must have, and Necroticism is essential for any good death metal collection. Just stay away from Reek of Putrefaction for the time being. I love it but it's... raw to say the least. :D

OK I just submitted an order for Heartwork and Symphonies (original gore cover).

If Carcass were that much of a 90's band, perhaps we should consider a feature....?

I would loves that, I think a lot of people would too.

I think you'll be blown away by Heartwork my friend, the intro riff to the title track is my favorite riff of all time.

Also I know you liked Arch Enemy's Wages of Sin, and to me that was sort of a poor man's Heartwork... ouch... :D

NAD said:
I would loves that, I think a lot of people would too.

Yeah we'll discuss via e-mail with the team (along with some other ideas).

I think you'll be blown away by Heartwork my friend, the intro riff to the title track is my favorite riff of all time.

I'm sure I will man, although I could swear I once heard 'Gugs say Carcass were the most overrated band in the world....but I could be wrong. Someone definitely said that though at some point, heh.

should check out then,
good old school DM's not so easy to catch nowadays, plenty of bands yes, a few remain, limited taste I guess.

I got the gore cover of Symphonies of Sickness. That truly is disgusting - dead babies? Fuck - I had nightmares, no lies. Fake movie crap I can handle - show me a real shit and I crumble.

Keep in mind it's just a sick, sick joke, and the band members are allegedly vegetarians. :)

Proud Pantera listener right here. I gots me a Pantera shirt. And that handbag pic is genious. Good one... dahahahaha. Man, do they look tough or what? Yes, I guess Pantera and Sepultura ruled through heavy metal the 90's but dont forget Slayer. Morbid Angel and Obituary ruled death metal around that time.

It's a tough one for the 90's because Zeppelin and Sabbath ruled the entire decade of the 70's. Metallica and Maiden ruled the entire decade of the 80's.

There doesn't seem to be a clear cut decision on a band that ruled from 1990 to 2000.

Opeth came in late.

I think it's the opposite, it's not that there isn't a band that ruled from 90 to 00, it's that I can't name just one.

Consider, in the 90s the following bands released these albums:

Death - Spiritual Healing, Human, Individual Thought Patterns, Symbolic, Sound of Perseverance. Wow.

Morbid Angel - Blessed Are the Sick, Covenant, Domination, Formulas.

Edge of Sanity - Every album

Blind Guardian - Tales From the Twilight World, Somewhere Far Beyond, Imaginations, Nightfall.

That's off the top of my head. In my mind, if you put out 4 or more great albums in a decade, a case can be made for you, like any of the bands I listed.

The problem is, I think you're looking for another Sabbath, Maiden, or Metallica, and that's just not going to happen. It's a different time, there really isn't any new ground to be broken, there hasn't been for a while.

nataservant said:
Yeah, because they are enjoyed by many and they aren't "underground" enough bla bla bla

PANTERA FUCKING RULE

:lol:

Nah... maybe because I saw them open up for Suicidal Tendencies and Exodus 15 years ago, and thought it was terrible. No one knew who they were, but it still sounded like lowest common denominator jock rock to me then, just like it does now.