Lets face it - the metal scene is still dead...or is it?

neal said:
best UK band: cradle of filth (haha im sure no one agrees). and it seems that the best techno is from brittian as well.
-neal
The best techno is from the UK - by far. That's what destroyed metal over there - in one fell swoop, everything got wiped out (including grunge, rock - basically anything that isn't dance culture). With a million people raving each and every weekend (guess how much 'e' gets digested), the dance culture in the UK is overwhelming.

I've got tonnes of friends into the hardcore acid techno scene - going to clubs where they manipulate the techno on the fly (no vinyl DJ'ing). I've met Chris Liberator a bunch of times myself.

Best UK band: King Crimson

I like some of that techno stuff, but I listen to it by myself with headphones on instead of on X (or e, whatever it's called now...) surrounded by a million pacifier-wearing freaks.

All music has a "time and a place". Techno suits a certain mood, just as JS Bach does.

I think what it means to be a "metal" fan is to be in a "metal" mood more often than not.

Or wear black clothes and be mad at your parents.

My friends actually consider me the resident death metal dude: "there's one in every town" I was once told. :lol: