If you could wish for one change to a single Opeth album, what would it be?

S4R

gooey
Sep 7, 2001
.il.us
I would wish for Epilogue to be longer, 3:59 just isn't enough.

Wait that would defeat the purpose, an epilogue is meant to be short. Nevertheless I wish it were longer.

the track blackwater park should have clean vocals.

dirge for november should have a more subtle progression from the soft to the heavy bit and vice versa.

akerfeldt should be more confident with his clean vox on tracks like advent and black rose immortal.

serenity painted death should not end so abruptly.

orchid should have better production.

oops...that's more than one change. greedy me.

They should wear masks and dance around like idiots on stage
biggrinbounce.gif

But seriously, I am sitting here trying to think of something to change, and having a VERY hard time. How many bands can you say that about? I guess I'd change the fact that they're so inaccesible, it's not a problem once you like them, but good luck getting your friends into it.

I wish some of the riffing (limited, just in some parts) in Blackwater Park were more focused on melody and emotion rather than just being an odd-sounding group of notes. It's kind of hard to explain but most of you have probably noticed this change in their style of riffing in some parts of BWP. I love Blackwater Park, but as a whole, it just doesn't quite do it for me like the others do. In many parts, yes, but not as a whole.

i too wish that blackwater was a bit more...is direct the word i'm looking for here? it seems that opeth wanted to explore different musical routes with bwp, something i don't condemn at all. of course i love bwp, its just not as strong as it could've been. i look at bwp as a sort of transitional album. opeth is moving towards a slightly different style(while still remaning opeth of course), but they didn't fully complete their vision. man, i feel kinda bad, i love bwp, but it just sounds like i'm dissin it. i guess to sum it up i beleive their next album will definitely be a new phase of opeth and bwp was the step up to what will become of opeth.

I would eliminate the empty 6 seconds at the start of "Advent". I heard it was put there by Mikael and Swano as a joke to make the cd 66.06 in time {it still ended up 66.07}. I just don't like dead space on records. :( :zzz: