if you were as famous as COB....Would you?

Do you prefer the fans intense in love and low in quantity...or huge in number but...

• FUCK YEAH! the more the better! they buy the album so that's it! they are our fans!

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • I prefer Quality to Quantity! 2 lamborghinis are better than 10 bmw m3

Votes: 19 76.0%

• Total voters

FAITHKILLER

MorningStar
Jul 27, 2010
Iran
Well, first things first!

I did not start this thread to make controversy or fight between you guys or
anything of that sort!:) :heh:

the last COB interviews I've seen had something in common!

they want more and more fans!!!

As Janne said:

Of course, it's obvious it's great to get new fans

but during the last couple of years...

I've seen some people claim to be COB fan..but when you go to their

facebook or ... you see that they love lady gaga! or rihanna or that

kind of stuff..:OMG:

So the quantity of the fans is increasing obviously... but how about the quality???

does it matter to them??

if somebody comes and says I'm a COB fan and the next day wants to go to lady gaga show!!!!!

would you believe it?????????????

My question is that if you had a band as famous as COB...

Would you prefer the QUANTITY of the fans or the QUALITY??:headbang:

I think 7 albums is enough for a famous band to create a stereotype image of the band to pretty much everyone who listens to metal. It's too late to change it. For example I can confess I've never listened to Bullet for My Valentine because I've heard they're a shit emo band, and I don't really even care to check if it's true or not. So many people have never really heard COB and think it's bad music cos somebody told them.
They can gain little sectors of new fans by changing the music, but I can't see what they could do radically different for the music to make totally different people attracted. It's up to the marketing and everything now. I'd have ideas but they're the opposite of what they decided to do when choosing WIWI as the new single.

First of, it is possible that a die hard CoB fan likes pop music as well. It's not like you can only listen to metal just because it's so kewl.

And second, while it is unfortunate that they get more fans in terms of fan contact (not possible with hundreds of thousands of fans) and concerts (more bigger venues with less interactivity whether you try to or not), it is good for the band because it means that they know what they do is appreciated and they get more money etc.

It actually hurt my head to read the question but I chose option number two. Anyone will say that quality preferred over quantity. It is better to focus on the best ideas possible and expand from those instead of pushing out mediocre ideas like a factory and never truly accomplishing what you want or what you can do for sake of just releasing a new album.

Regarding what fans listen to what music. Who cares? I can forget about those who listen to In Your Face, Needled 24/7 and Was It Worth It and claim to be Bodom fans. I never actually meet people like that because most Finns are passionate about their favorite music artists and don't jump from one song to the other. The rest who, for example, come to the forum will find out quickly that we like more than just a few singles and they cannot keep up with the discussions we are having.

To me it is easy to forget about those people because they just don't exist.

Regarding the band looking for new fans. That'll inevitably happen no matter what. Cannot prevent it. Amon Amarth has never released that radio friendly hit and look what has happened to them? Quit big for the style they play. The longer the music is out there the more people will find it. Metalheads are generally very passionate as well about metal and usually always crave for something new.

Now if Bodom released a collection of nine songs like WIWI that would be a different story. Then I would begin to question the motive behind the music and if it has truly been compromised for fame and fortune. Fortunately we here know that there are at least two songs NOT like WIWI (ugly and CotN) and so we know that 6/9 songs are not WIWI (not taking samples into account).

I just had a conversation on the phone with a good friend of mine and we rarely talk about Bodom though we both know that we like them a lot. He told me that he hopes the new album is not like Blooddrunk because it really had no soul. No life. It just sounded dull and empty. Like the band wasn't trying anymore. Two albums in a row like that and I feel I can begin to question just what they want to be doing. And no more of this "this is the state of Bodom now and it is the best it has ever been". Fans who know all the material can tell when they have quit being Bodom.

First of, it is possible that a die hard CoB fan likes pop music as well. It's not like you can only listen to metal just because it's so kewl.

And second, while it is unfortunate that they get more fans in terms of fan contact (not possible with hundreds of thousands of fans) and concerts (more bigger venues with less interactivity whether you try to or not), it is good for the band because it means that they know what they do is appreciated and they get more money etc.

I must add... I did'nt mean to be mean towards pop music!

I do listen to soft stuff pop and folk metal and...but something that has artistic value! something meaningful!

not just for shaking ass!

but it's a big paradox! to me COB and lady gaga don't have anything in common!

All I'm saying is if they should have more fans I'd rather see them achieve it by making good metal instead of selling out.

but during the last couple of years...

I've seen some people claim to be COB fan..but when you go to their

facebook or ... you see that they love lady gaga! or rihanna or that

kind of stuff..:OMG:

Nothing wrong with Lady Gaga or Rihanna.

just because ju like metal you can't like pop? :err:
is it the same thing about country music? or Jazz?

I don't get you poser kids.

All I'm saying is if they should have more fans I'd rather see them achieve it by making good metal instead of selling out.

10 OUT OF 10!

Nothing wrong with Lady Gaga or Rihanna.

just because ju like metal you can't like pop? :err:
is it the same thing about country music? or Jazz?

I don't get you poser kids.

Thank you for your insults!

As I told before posers like lady gaga or... are nothing to me..

I hate them as much as I love to be hated by them and their fans..

it's a mutual thing... but hate does not mean disrespecting...

I hate what they do...their music their poses their attitude...

and I give them the right to hate me too!

-------

and again why you symbolize pop music with lady gaga??

just because she is selling the most she is the best??

as I told in my previous post I do listen to soft music..

you can't be heavy all the time! but something that has artistic value...

and something that fucking intense! a good music to me..

does not matter if it's Doom metal black metal folk metal...or even pop music

it should give me 110percent of feelings...

just don't tell me that a REAL metalhead can get 110percent out of

Bad Romance!!!

just because ju like metal you can't like pop?

to make the long story short.. I say!

A REAL METALHEAD CAN'T ENJOY HEADBANGING TODAY...AND FORGET METAL THE NEXT DAY... AND START SHAKING HIS ASS AND POSING LIKE THOSE POSER POP STARS

this is my own personal idea...you can love it or hate it..

you may think totally different...but I respect you..

I'm a fucking straight-forward metalhead...but that does not mean I'm

narrow-minded!

Thank you for your insults!

it isn't an insult if you don't get offended

and again why you symbolize pop music with lady gaga??

because she is populare?

Bad Romance!!!

....hmm yes you can.

I'm a fucking straight-forward metalhead...but that does not mean I'm

narrow-minded!

It kinda does.

i respect your opinion too but i completely disagree with it and thinks it's kinda stupid.

Bad Romance!!!

What's a REAL metalhead?

And I think Lady Gaga fucking sucks and is overrated, but I definitely listen to pop-music. Roxette for example is pure awesomeness, and one of my all-time favourites.

I think it does

it's an opinion! but you gotta prove it!

because she is populare?

....hmm yes you can.

It kinda does.

i respect your opinion too but i completely disagree with it and thinks it's kinda stupid.

I'm calling those who I hate poser!(I mean those pop stars!)

so how can't I be offended if I'm considered the same as them??

because she is populare?

it's like saying Metallica is the icon of metal music...

for mainstream-minded people yes!

but not for me! absolutely not!

when I want to think about something I don't give a fuck how famous that person is...
I love some pop music that's meaningful!

....hmm yes you can

if it could give 110percent I should've got thsi!

cuz at least 4 5 hours per week I spend listening to pop music to find some good stuff..and Bad Romance never made sense to me...
i respect your opinion too but i completely disagree with it and thinks it's kinda stupid

I think all the difference in our opinions comes from the difference in our

attitudes..WHY WE LISTEN TO MUSIC..

for some people it's somekind of spending time or having fun and having

party!! or that kind of stuff..

but to me metal is not just the music..it's a universe...it's a realm..for getting away from the flashy world! and all those stuff.
that's why I take the shit seriously!

for some people it's only rock'n'roll...but for me...this is not the case!
it's rock'n'hate..rock'n'sorrow...rock'n'fear...
some people say we are hatecrew! just to look tough or edgy!
but I mean the hatecrew!
--------------------------------------------
again I know my thoughts are not appealing to most of you..

because I have a quite different personality than yours!

But I guess...somewhere metal unites us!:lol:

What's a REAL metalhead?

And I think Lady Gaga fucking sucks and is overrated, but I definitely listen to pop-music. Roxette for example is pure awesomeness, and one of my all-time favourites.

I guees you got me wrong!

I don't want to say that a REAL metalhead is the one who closes his eyes on the beauty

of other musicians of other genres...

as I told many times I do listen to pop music and very often rap music that has something inside!

I love some pop bands way more than some cock-sucking stupid metal bands!