If you were....

noctambulant

Mar 7, 2009
Guys, If you were guitar teachers , what songs would you use for teaching?
Dumb question, I know, but I'm really looking forward to your answers..ty :cool:

Depends on your level. If you are a beginner, it makes sense to learn easier songs. Stuff with basic power chord progressions. Make sure you know how to read tabs (it's easy)

Here's some recommendations. Some songs off Discouraged Ones or BMD are very easy to play. I Break, Quiet World, Nerve, etc, also Murder, Brave, Rainroom.

Every guitar player must learn 'Smoke on the Water'.

My advice is learn and play songs that you like. It is pointless to learn songs that you don't like. Play for love :)

Any teacher is going to start you out on entry level books that help you learn to read music.

ammfgvol1.jpg

HL00699027.jpg

I had a teacher that tried teaching me how to play gospel songs when i was a kid i wanted to shoot myself. My mom raised me right she grew me up listening to bands like KISS, AC/DC (i know they are Wal Mart sellouts now), you people know good Metal and Rock bands of the 80s. So you see how i hated that teacher lol. So guess what? I quit the guitar.

Back on topic yea i would want a teacher to teach me how to read music. I had this one guy willing to teach me and i asked him what kind of music will i be learning to? He told me ill teach you the guitar not music that you decide your self.

cool,I started teaching some friend how to play " right in to the bliss " and it turned out easier than trying to teach him a classic rock song...