If your house was burning....

I have less than 400 and definitely more than 70; I think I must have around 200 or something... If my little flat was burning down and was able to to take only 5 CDs with me, they would be from 1) Katatonia; 2) My Dying Bride; 3) Tool; 4) Anathema; and 5) Bloodbath; just whatever, I wouldn't have time to think which one, and i don't feel like spending time now thinking of that either. I just can't be bothered, you know.

I would grab my signed Katatonia - Brave Murder Day (that would be enough...everything else i could buy again)
Chaos God - 3001
Porcupine Tree - In Absentia (DVD A)
Slayer - Decade of Agression
Paradise Lost - Shades of God (or Gothic....or Icon? cant decide)

I wouldn´t hype Gothic over Icon and Shades of God...........for me these 3 are equal and true masterpieces. Its really sad to see what they have become. I mean look at Katatonia.....they once copied PL and have reached a status that PL never will (but PL is making more money i guess ^^).

Well Chaos God.........hum......you wouldn´t want to know. Its a sideproject of a german gothrock/gothic band called The Garden of Delight, which has released like 15 cds. Iam not much into Gothic (Moonspell i´ve u can call them so and some Dreadful Shadows).......but they are something special. Cant describe why.....

I forgot on my list some Type O ^^ maybe i would trade in Slayer for Bloody Kisses *hides behind something solid*

Oh my, this is a hard one...

Immortal - Pure Holocaust
Burzum - Hvis Lyset Tar Oss
At the Gates - With Fear I Kiss the Burning Darkness
Dark Tranquillity - The Gallery
Katatonia - Discouraged Ones

Lord_AgathoN said:
I wouldn´t hype Gothic over Icon and Shades of God...........for me these 3 are equal and true masterpieces. Its really sad to see what they have become. I mean look at Katatonia.....they once copied PL and have reached a status that PL never will (but PL is making more money i guess ^^).

Katatonia copied Paradise Lost? What era do you speak of? the doom or the more alternative rock direction. Katatonia were totally different from any other band when they came out...yes both bands were doom but Katatonia was almost like a slowed down black metal band, arguably. They never stopped playing the melodies that you'd normally expect to be trem picked at a blasting black metal tempo. Music was so melodic yet the vocals were so extreme...I think if anything Opeth had more of a Katatonia influence in their Orchid/morningrise material...akerfeldt and renkse it seemed shared alot of ideas in the early 90s

Jon Snow said:
I don't recall ever knocking the new PT. I'm looking forward to it. In fact, one might call me a PT fanboy. Please reread the deadwing thread.

Overpopulation seems to be a problem now too. Actually, it's just my jealousy. I only have about 70 CDs. I'm working on it.
Yes, youre right...i somehow got you confused with Justin S.

Dont know how i did, but my mistake, i didnt mean you. But now everything makes sense, haha.

deliverance said:
exactly what i was going to say.

i'd obviously get my family out first, i wouldn't risk getting fucking scorched for cds, i can go re-buy...

The hell with them, they have legs, they can run. I'd strap on my guitar and wheel my mesa dual rectifier half stack out of my house.

But to stay on topic i guess would take these cd's...
Iced Earth - Dark Genesis (box set thing, it has 5 cds in it)
Children of Bodom - Hatebreeder
Metallica - And Justice For All
In Flames - The Jester Race - Black Ash Inheritance
Nevermore - Dead Heart in a Dead World

This thread is making me consider putting all my cds in a cd book thing so that if something like this happened i could just grab that and i'd have everything.

hahaha well I only live with my mom (I'm 16) and when i get home from school she's still at work and since the topic was if your house is burning when you get home form work or school...there would be no one else here.

Dreadful said:
Katatonia copied Paradise Lost? What era do you speak of? the doom or the more alternative rock direction. Katatonia were totally different from any other band when they came out...yes both bands were doom but Katatonia was almost like a slowed down black metal band, arguably. They never stopped playing the melodies that you'd normally expect to be trem picked at a blasting black metal tempo. Music was so melodic yet the vocals were so extreme...I think if anything Opeth had more of a Katatonia influence in their Orchid/morningrise material...akerfeldt and renkse it seemed shared alot of ideas in the early 90s

Well maybe that was wrong............but i thought that i read somewhere that Katatonia was heavily (heaviely.....heavyly...hell how do i write that, looks wrong on all cases?) influenced by PL´s first releases. I was speaking about the doom era.....yes akerfeldt did a great job on these early katatonia things.......its kinda sad that renske isn´t on any opeth release (or am i wrong here as well?). But a disagree on your these that Opeth had a katatonic influence on orchid/morningrise....

NineFeetUnderground said:
Yes, youre right...i somehow got you confused with Justin S.

Dont know how i did, but my mistake, i didnt mean you. But now everything makes sense, haha.

No problem man. You scared me at first making me think that I had some how committed blasphemy against PT. I was waiting for the bolt of lightning from the music gods to strike me down.

Anyways, I never answered the original post. I would probably grab Still Life (Opeth), In Absentia (Porcupine Tree), Jar of Flies ( Alice in Chains), Led Zeppelin Untitled, which is the album that got me into music in the first place, and, damn this is hard, Lord of the Rings: Return of the King Soundtrack.