If your house was burning....

Hejira_Omeed said:
hahaha well I only live with my mom (I'm 16) and when i get home from school she's still at work and since the topic was if your house is burning when you get home form work or school...there would be no one else here.
Heh. You're barely as old as And Justice for All. That's wierd for me because I remember the video for One like it was yesterday. Rocked my tweenage world.

Dreadful said:
well I have many CD racks, the first one in reach is a 60 CD stack like 3 feet from my door...so if I just grab the whole thing, it will take less time than trying to grab 5 CDs...so I will have all my 6 anathema, 2 novembre, 1 disembowelment, 3 paradise lost, 2 agalloch, 6 katatonia, 3 candlemass, 1 lamented souls, 1 amorphis, 4 my dying bride, 1 shape of despair, 1 evoken, 7 opeth, 2 solitude aeturnus, 1 embraced, 1 empyrium, 8 judas priest, 3 halford, 2 sodom, 6 nevermore.
you my friend, enjoy good doom. You have my respect.

Hmmm... It just struck me, wouldn't it be wiser to save you most valuable, or rarest albums, instead of your favorite albums? I mean, chances are, your favorites can probably be picked up at the record store right down the street for like $15 or something... That would at least change my list quite drastically... Maybe something like this:

Darkthrone - A New Dimension
Burzum - Burzum (DSP)
Katatonia - Saw You Drown
Mayhem - Deathcrush (DSP)
Dark Tranquillity - A Moonclad Reflection

hmmm put that way, i'd save

Evidence One - Criticize the Truth
Stonehenge - Angelo Salutante
Ark - Burn the Sun
Marillion - B'side Themselves
& Ambeon

though in reality, i'd die trying to find them in my 3 large cd cases.

Almost all my music is on my harddrive so if my Opeth CDs must be inaccessible then I'm pretty much screwed; everything would be destroyed...

But I do have about 100 CDs burned (I have close to 3,000 CDs total on my computer).

Rekkr said:
Almost all my music is on my harddrive so if my Opeth CDs must be inaccessible then I'm pretty much screwed; everything would be destroyed...

But I do have about 100 CDs burned (I have close to 3,000 CDs total on my computer).
yea, its easy to do that when you dont spend a cent on anything except blank discs. :err:

Celine Dion is Canadian. All Canadians love Opeth eh!!! :devil:

If my house was burning, which it almost did twice this year, I would grab my Fates Warning CDs. "No Exit" would be among them.

I don't like ripping all of my CDs to the comp. because it takes the fun away of actually owning a CD. I want to be able to pull the case out and browse through the insert a little when I put the CD in.

My dog, my guitars,my pictures
then,
Opeth-Blackwater Park Vinyl Album , signed by the band ( not a cd ):)
Signed Cd's. Moonbabies by Planet X
Universe (ditto)
John Hammond -Got Love If You Want It
Snooky Pryor - Blues