I'm curious

Morpheus said:
hey kneif mich ma, noch en NRWler, richtig so! Viel Spaß hier!

live music hall is pretty ok i must say. E- Werk too though only once in a while. Avoid the Rheinrock- Hallen!

Oooouh...LMH gets quite boring after a while, and the RRH...they have finally been shut down :D ...the only places I ever go to now are Essigfabrik and Alter Wartesaal once a month...

But it's really good to know that there are a few NRWlers out there :headbang:

mainas said:
Oooouh...LMH gets quite boring after a while, and the RRH...they have finally been shut down :D ...the only places I ever go to now are Essigfabrik and Alter Wartesaal once a month...

But it's really good to know that there are a few NRWlers out there :headbang:
yeah, i'm not from cologne so the few place i know i listed there in me post.
Haha, the RRH are dead finally, never really enjoyed the place even when i was younger, though the happy hour was quite ok :D
I think LMH is good for gig and that otherwise i can imagine it it's going to be boring after a time.
Dunno that Essigfabrik and Alter Wartesaal, what is it?

Morpheus said:
yeah, i'm not from cologne so the few place i know i listed there in me post.
Haha, the RRH are dead finally, never really enjoyed the place even when i was younger, though the happy hour was quite ok :D
I think LMH is good for gig and that otherwise i can imagine it it's going to be boring after a time.
Dunno that Essigfabrik and Alter Wartesaal, what is it?

Essigfabrik (in Poll) = Hymnen an die Nacht, EBM, Elektro, Dark Wave, ...
Alter Wartesaal (HBF) = Dark Side of the Moon, Elektro, Dark Wave, EBM

If you're into that kind of music you should really check out the Essigfabrik (better DJs there than in AW...)

ah, it's not really my thing, i'm not too keen on this dark scene. i've been to the Mera Luna fest once and i felt weird even though i wore a black shirt and black trousers most of the time, and the atmosphere was.....erm cold, and it wasn't because of the weather ;) honestly, the facades of far too many there were too serious for me, even if they might be friendly peeps, i'd rather see a smile then fake blood dripping out of the corner of a mouth. Some blood looked dead real though, and if i would have been a doc i would have tried to help them :tickled:

Morpheus said:
ah, it's not really my thing, i'm not too keen on this dark scene. i've been to the Mera Luna fest once and i felt weird even though i wore a black shirt and black trousers most of the time, and the atmosphere was.....erm cold, and it wasn't because of the weather ;) honestly, the facades of far too many there were too serious for me, even if they might be friendly peeps, i'd rather see a smile then fake blood dripping out of the corner of a mouth. Some blood looked dead real though, and if i would have been a doc i would have tried to help them :tickled:

:D

DragonLady1 said:
we have so many newbies here, so introduce urself and post a pic, I wanna know who u are hehe ;) :D

Well, I'm new to the forum but I've been into Anathema since 97. Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to see them when they played here in the states in 99 and 2000 (only shows EVER in America) :cry: I did get to see Duncan and Antimatter a while back and that was awesome. :D
I'm 21, live in San Francisco, California, USA and work at a record store. I like so many different kinds of music depending on my mood but some of the bands I'm really passionate about are: Anathema (of course), The Gathering (all eras except for Almost a Dance), Antimatter, Dead can Dance (and anything Lisa Gerrard puts out. I have yet to check out Brendan's stuff). Ulver, Early Paradise Lost, Early Katatonia, early Lycia (with just Mike Van Portfleet on vocals), Tangerine Dream, early Godflesh, and Swans just to name a few. Some of my favorite films are: Seven, 8mm, Stigmata, Eraserhead, Lost Highway, Terminator, Donnie Darko, Conan the Barbarian, and The Crow. Sorry I don't have any pictures of myself.