Newbie of the Year - Stage 1: Nominations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my goodness. Seems like we are having one interesting little competition here. So if old-timers get to select the newbies, and newbies are of course those participating in the contest, what the heck happens to mid-timers like me?

@martin: you can sponsor as much as we can. :) there's still rfe and a few others up for grabs, i reckon.

I'd love to sponsor but my vote already goes to afz902K.

The way this is going, we'll have to finish this in death match between Matse and afz902k and judging by Matse's strong suicidal tendencies...I've said enough.

Even though you could probably gain male supporters rather easily, female supporters are the way to go, because they can get other (male and female) members to vote for you. So, get ready to do stuff you would only do in... Odin forbid... college!

@Jolty: posting more is the key to success as of now. Something in the chat thread, like a humorous anecdote (with pictures) about the endangerment and subsequent rescue of a cute house pet (brothers/sisters won't work as well). Bonus points for including in the shots original copies of Dissection's Storm of the Light's Bane or Kreator's Pleasure to Kill. Let's make them salivate a bit.

...Bonus points for including in the shots original copies of Dissection's Storm of the Light's Bane or Kreator's Pleasure to Kill. Let's make them salivate a bit.

Spot on. Records like these (especially SotLB) triggers some kind of Pavlovian reflex in me. :dopey:

Anyway, it feels like I've been a member here long enough to be able to support a newcomer, possibly one who can inherit my position sometime soon, as I probably will die of some horrible old age disease, like "full-time employment", in the near future. Although the most promising youths already have got patrons, I'm sure there still are some hidden talents out there. :loco:

@rahvin: there must be something in the air - yesterday i did spend at least five minutes thinking about old Kreator records. and now, unsurprisingly, I feel slightly sick. :p

@Jolty: posting more is the key to success as of now. Something in the chat thread, like a humorous anecdote (with nude pictures) ... Let's make them salivate a bit.
He's finally looking for the "now with nudity" installment in the chat thread. Don't let him fool you, girl!

If we get multiple sponsors, I place "dibs," (or an act of possession) on Kovenant (because he's teh leetzorz) and Plintus* (because I flat out enjoy the homoeroticism within the McDonald's loving, man-boob grabbing bombastic joy that is Plintus). They can only help.

Thanks again Marduk. Did you get a copy of Focus Shift?

*He has no choice but to sponsor me due to our geographical relationship (YOU'RE STILL ON THE EAST COAST, BUDDY).

And just when I thought AFK had locked in my vote...

Actually, it's eerie - I showed up in this thread to nominate Doc, and here I find I already have. So much for my witty "He responded to a post of mine once," reasoning.

~kov. (damn right I'm teh leetzorz.)

EDIT: Oh, and I resolve* to get you this victory.

*Resolution valid until such time as the sponsor disappears, or has relationship issues.

A
Actually, it's eerie - I showed up in this thread to nominate Doc, and here I find I already have. So much for my witty "He responded to a post of mine once," reasoning.

~kov. (damn right I'm teh leetzorz. I don't write stuff that isn't true - Doc)

EDIT: Oh, and I resolve* to get you this victory.

*Resolution valid until such time as the sponsor disappears, or has relationship issues.
HAhahaha. :D Actually, I rather enjoy your posts and have been envious of your witty banter with said boob-grabber (in a strictly internet sense. It would be weird if you conversed like that in person).

Thank you!

Why would we ever choose a newbie for anything?
Let alone some wonderous "of the year" thingie.

Who comes up with this shit?

Uuh, finally something interesting here. I've been just reading here recently, because somehow I've felt that all the topics are bit dull. Or then I haven't got anything to say. Anyway, now I have good reason to start senseless flow of useless posts. I am newbie, *wink* am I? Aaargh, stupidity is getting grip again, to post or not post....nooo.

I will nominate whoever offers sex. :Smokedev:

Too bad, I'm late as always.

Not yet. How are we to know you won't fade away like a comet full of hope in the desperate nightly sky?

Erhm, isn't my 23 posts enough :cry: I say, that possibilities are following: 1 % for complete fading, 33 % for fading temporary until Dark Tranquillity releases something new, 40 % for not fading at all (= I'll fall love on some member and I'll haunt her as long as I get banned), 26 % for keeping low profile and posting one message then and then regularly.

Does that make 100?

Erhm, isn't my 23 posts enough :cry: I say, that possibilities are following: 1 % for complete fading, 33 % for fading temporary until Dark Tranquillity releases something new, 40 % for not fading at all (= I'll fall love on some member and I'll haunt her as long as I get banned), 26 % for keeping low profile and posting one message then and then regularly.

Does that make 100?

oh, but you're the finnish kid who posted the pseudo-emo pic, aren't you?
if you promise to stick around when the going gets tough, ie during the voting proper, i'll endorse you. i am still short of one newbie to adopt.

Status
Not open for further replies.