Newbie of the Year - Stage 2: FIGHT!

Who is the newbie of the year so far?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Then I'll take that as a yes. You know what you have to do :) .

It's amazing that this time, a guy is actually going to win it. All a girl-newby would have had to do is post more.. and post pictures ;) What a wasted opportunity!

As i am a great sponsor (and have some time to waste):

vote.jpg

It's amazing that this time, a guy is actually going to win it. All a girl-newby would have had to do is post more.. and post pictures ;) What a wasted opportunity!
:lol:

Actually, was there any newbie of the year competition in 2005? I dont even rember seeing something like that right after i joined.

nah, there wasn't... but in 2006 i whimsically elected undocontrol, before we got into squabbles. :)

Vote for me, and I promise I won't turn out to be a ZZ Top dude.

Well, you heard the German dude: post more! He must know something about propaganda, right? ;)

Also, we can tell you're not the ZZ Top type because you have a cute avatar and post pictures of cats. You can't do that with a penis and facial hair, it's like the self-destruct button.

My Campaign, Your Campaign.

I love this forum. It is my home. I feel comfortable here. It is large enough to offer a broad variety of choices and opportunities, as one would expect from a fine comprehensive discussion board. Yet, it is small enough that members don’t get lost in the multitude. Here, we care about our members one at a time.

I feel comfortable on this forum the way I feel comfortable within my family. Granted, we are not a perfect family. (I have never seen a perfect family, except on television, and not since the 50s.) We are a caring family. We care for one another, and we care for our board.

Once in a while somebody takes this family metaphor a bit too literally. Last week I had a group of members at my home for dinner, enjoying good food and a relaxed conversation, while listening to Dark Tranquillity (Their names will not be disclosed, only to avoid getting them into my political struggle). As the evening was coming to an end, I gave them my home phone number and told them to feel free to call me if they ever needed me, even late at night. (No big deal for me; I’m a night person.) “If it is important enough for you to wake me up in the middle of the night,” I told them, “it is important enough for me to wake up and listen to what you have to say.”

Don’t get the impression, though, that this is a lazy forum. Laidback, yes, but bursting with energy, because these are exciting, transformational times at the official DT board.

As a visionary, I have foreseen that the mission of the board should rest on four pillars: Dark Tranquillity, member fraternity, witty posting, and engaged membership. Put those four pillars together and you get the identity of the Ultimate Metal Official DT Board: who we are, who we aspire to be and who we shall be with joyful posting, alert intelligence, hard work and… imagination.

And with your help.

I did not post this here this day to ask you for power, or to ask for you to blindly believe in me, this campaign is not about power, or about winning. It is about people. That is the only way it could be, because the forum is about people, people engaged in the never-ending pursuit of knowing, enjoying, and understanding the ultimate ecstasy that percolates from the blissful sounds that come to existence thanks to DT.

I posted this here to help us imagine the forum of the future and to help us turn those images into a beautiful, exciting reality.
You have heard several people throughout this event say that they are UM-official-DT-board. And I tell you now that I am UM-official-DT-board. So… who is UM-official-DT-board? Those who post (always first), the Band, the admins, the mods, the newbs, our donors and supporters, the leaders of this campaign, our friends in the community… all of you, all of us: the forum family. We are UM-official-DT-board!

Thank you.

How can you not want to vote this man! He's a n00b with the power and grind to pwn n00bs! He makes n00bs older than him look like In Flames fans!

Also, I don't see this man bragging if he wins. He'll be impressively modest. What if a grimey,cocky n00b won and suddenly thought cos they won this thing they were better than or equal to the 1337! That would be anarchy! ANARCHY!

@Jolty: brilliant! I'll prepare your campaign later today. I'll make sure we touch some sensitive issue such as forum romance and thread merging. Since you're blonde and look like you mean to kill us all, I'm gonna try and show a gentler side of your politics.

@afz902k: you look like a younger Darth Vader.

I'm still waiting for the other candidates' Myspace angle photos.