Newbie of the Year - Stage 2: FIGHT!

Who is the newbie of the year so far?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
well, as long as you vote for someone who is on the ballot, you're more than welcome to participate. :p

@afznumbers
That would be hilarious! I totally support your idea, consider yourself my favourite atm :p

@Hiljainen
I missed out on the nominations, although I think I would qualify as a newbie given that I started posting sometime this autumn.

You would have won too easily, so it's better this way. And thanks for your support, I'd give you a pin but apparently my non-existent dog ate them all (It's a Pomeranian, btw).

Uncle Spam just couldn't be completely wrong, those e-peen enlargement pills have not disappointed.

Last few hours or voting, ladies and gentlemen! Then we'll award the temporary NoY trophy, to be held until the end of the year...

Well - we DO have a winner.
Congratulations on his effective campaigning and on his new-found status as newbie of the year.
Afz, you now have the privilege of adding a NoY reference in your signature, at least until the December vote. Then everything will have to be discussed again. In the meanwhile, enjoy your status!

Congratulations to afk. You are lucky that I was way too lazy to build up a campaign like yours and post as many times as you did. I would have beaten you.
Congratulations as well to Jolty who is the Nr. 1 female Noty. She should get a prize, too.
Thanks to everyone who voted for me.
Special thanks to Dark Silence as my sponsor and great supporter.
And of course a big thank you to Hyena who organised everything.
Ultimate thank you to DT for making all this possible.

Special thanks to Dark Silence as my sponsor and great supporter.
Here, let me give you a small present:
7246.jpg

I do not have a lot of time right now for a discourse, but alas...

Thanks to everyone for voting for me. Welcome to our victory celebration and the kickoff of what I believe will be the beginning of an historic movement not just in this thread, but across the forum, to take back our newbcracy.

The polls just closed a few hours ago, and the results of this primary election have been announced. Considering that I am the only candidate named az902k, on the Democratic ballot in DT official forum's Newb of the year '07 poll, I'm cautiously optimistic that we have won this primary election.

In all seriousness, I do consider this evening to be a great victory for all of us in UM's DT official forum. And as I've come to find out over the past few days, starting a campaign to run for Newb of the Year is no small accomplishment.

Many people have asked me, “Do you really think you can win?” Some people have told me that I need to project more confidence. I think people want this story to end, “And on May 22, afz and his supporters beat the other candidates, and they all lived happily ever after.”

Well, I didn't honestly know if we were going to win in May. I do know for certain, though, that we wouldn't have won if we hadn't tried.

I want to thank and congratulate all of my adversaries, especially Matse and Jolty. You could have indeed beaten me and you were very honorable opposers.

Thanks to my sponsor and great friend King Chaos, in all of these days of campaigning I think we have formed an everlasting bond or something.

Thank you too, Hyena, for the neat organization of the elections. And Thanks to the forum's mods and admins.

I would like to remark that I am greatly in debt with DT, without your incredible music none of this would have turned into a reality. And naturally, DT music itself is much, much greater than this campaign!

I'm sure of one more thing – that when historians look back on this
untroubled time in our forum's history, they'll recognize that Afz and his supporters do actually stand for the principles that our forum was founded upon.

Those of you who are here today are the truly great and patriotic people of our time. I appreciate your support, and it is an honor for me to be your candidate for Newbness.

Thank you.

Smileys related to this post: :kickass:, :worship:.

Congrats, right dude won! But can I be awarded as "the most invisible newbie of the year"? Nah, no mercy prizes.

Unfortunately I haven't got time to post here regularly, all the balancing between day-job, making mag and social life is making me zombie. 3-4 hours of sleep per night just isn't enough for me. Well, hopefully this situation is getting better soon, but it might be just temporary.

But don't sigh yet afz! I'm thinking over this and maybe I'll quit all my jobs and entertainments and I dedicate to race for the real newbie title...

Lady Sunshine was doing well until she disappeared.

Alttu, I think if you want to race for Newbie next year, you would probably have to stop posting until then so that you can maybe still qualify as newb.

So, don't quit all your jobs and entertainments (or those activities that qualify as both) just yet.

Haha, I have realized Hyena's comment about December's vote that then we choose the final NBotY2007. But is it for 2008? Aaargh, this insomnia has destroyed my brains (or what was left of it). Shotgun, gimme someone.

Reporting, a day after victory: I am utterly dissatisfied by the lack of groupies and alcohol in my local and internets environments.