Newbie of the Year - Stage 1: Nominations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like I'd lose even if Jolty wasn't around.

In order to increase my popularity, I'll reveal that everytime I hear Dissection - Beyond the Horizon, when Jon sings "Beyond the event horizon lies the void of my dreams", I pretend he's saying "lies the boy of my dreams", this is enough to giggle a bit.

So you're trying to win by addressing the gayness in this forum. You have no chance beating me in that. I am the gayest non-gay person in the world. You could make an extra stage out of this, hyena.
Those curtains behind me on my avatar are Maltese curtains. The picture was taken in a Maltese hotel.
@ solefald: Ja freilich kriegst a Freibier. Mir hoam a sauguate Brauerei nur a paar hundert kastenlängen von hier (Aktien Brauerei Kaufbeuren).

So you're like.. metro? And all I'm saying is that it sounds funny to me, a blackmetalish voice saying that :p

Hey, we're not in the voting phase yet. One nomination is sufficient to be included in the poll. So keep the best speeches for later, once you've secured your nomination you can rest on your laurels for a while.

Current list of nominees (sponsors in brackets):

- afz902k (king chaos)
- lady sunshine (larocque)
- jolty (rahvin)
- matse (dark_silence)

Some eligible people who were not nominated - I will probably forget a lot of them, but here's the partial list. Come one, come all, get your newbie!

- displayofcharacter
- clad in shadows, who probably used to be blackashinheritance, but both are noobs, so who cares :p
- kingcarcas
- mechanixx, who just landed

or anyone else who fits the criteria and about whom i have no memory.

oh, and danny's mine. :heh:

I should have known that, man I'm so naïve. So Danny classifies as a noob as well, bah I have no chance to win - or do I? Maybe I do. In the meantime I'll have some beers, and I'll take this opportunity to let each and every forum member know that the best beer ever is whichever beer is made at the country where they reside.

Little blood-red riding neighbourhood.

A newbie is defined as someone who started posting on this board no earlier than September 1, 2006
How can it be? LBRH started July 2005, that's over a year before the cutoff date.
Oh well .......... rule #1 ... there are no rules
just checked hyena wrote "oh, and danny's mine"
maybe he's her's in some special way as she did not nominative him as far as I can see?

I believe the voting round has not yet started, though you can sponsor our (vulgar) friend DisplayOfCharacter, maybe that's what you meant.

A
How can it be? LBRH started July 2005, that's over a year before the cutoff date.

Did he? then i withdraw my nomination. i ran a search a few hours ago and i had november 2006 as first post date. but i fucked something up in all probability and will try the search again now.

edit: LaRocque, rules state that sept 1st 2006 is the earliest possible date for posts on this forum, and i confirm that danny started on here in nov 2006. so i nominate him again.

@marduk: so you're nominating DoC?

- clad in shadows, who probably used to be blackashinheritance, but both are noobs, so who cares :p
^
First - all the old-timers have one month (until June 1) to nominate one and only one newbie each for the competition. A newbie is defined as someone who started posting on this board no earlier than September 1, 2006.
I joined April 2006, and I started posting from that day, but not as frequently as now though.

our (vulgar) friend DisplayOfCharacter
Que'?

:err: who's that?
:lol:

Thanks for the nomination Marduk.

On a different note, I am NOT going to whore myself out. As funny as this whole idea is (and its a good one, very original <-- not sarcasm), and as happy as I would be if I won (because I clearly base my self-worth on what people think of me over the internet), I am going to maintain my integrity by simply saying that my posts speak for themselves, no matter how bad (or well written, if that, luckily, is the case) they may be. I've posted enough for people to have an opinion of me, so that's good enough, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.