I'm in the Navy!

In boot camp when they start assigning details, they're gonna ask you, "Is anyone here artistic?" Actually, they're gonna say "autistic" but make it sound like artistic. Do not raise your hand. They're going to make those people order rocks in the courtyard and arrange them all in the same color.

You should, however, do what I did: volunteer to do the flight/platoon/whatever you have in the Navy's laundry. You just take everybody's laundry down to the washers and dryers and you just sit there for hours, getting everything done. You can catch up on writing letters, reading and studying for your final exam, etc. It's usually you and another person. It's easy as shit because everyone has a laundry bag and in that laundry bag is a net bag for everyone's clothes. All you do is throw all those bags together in the washer, dump in some detergent, and that's it. It's not like you have to touch anyone else's laundry or anything. There will also be other people from other flights doing their laundry, so you can actually talk to someone. We'd always flirt with the girls from the other flights. A few people got blow jobs in there. Just don't get caught.

While everyone was busy cleaning up the barracks and scrubbing the floors with toothbrushes, we were sitting on our asses for hours with the laundry, just hanging out. No one could say anything about it because it had to get done and you couldn't leave it. It was cool.

Lord Foul is right. We had the Drum and Bugle Corps which played for all the marches and stuff, and they asked us if anyone plays drums or trumpet. I, fortunately, did when I was in high school, although only for like 6 months. They didn't give a shit. They got us after the first week, dragged us out of our old flights and put us all together again in a new one. Everyone else hates you, though, because you get all these special privileges like going to basketball games and performing at marches and parades and shit. We went to the Alamo Bowl I think while we were there. They'll call you pussies and faggots and shit, but you get to hang out, go to ballgames, eat real food and stuff while you're there. The only difference is that you have to go to practice like twice a week and that's it. I'm sure the rifle corps for the Navy is the same.

Basically, volunteer for anything that puts you by yourself, with a very small group of people, or away from all the instructors. Usually these tasks give you more freedom and you'll enjoy it more.

I wonder if I can somehow get into the Bugle Corps... If not, the Rifle Corps sounds like a lot of fun. I've been called an asshole and a faggot for my whole life, so I'd be used to it. :lol:

The only man who can make that decision for you properly is Danny Glover.

Sweet. Case and point was definitely made there, Super Mahrio. I'm now going to spare myself a ton of frustration and wrinkles by blocking you. Thanks for being an insufferable and shit-smearing fag, though!

Case in point. That particular phrase doesn't really work with your last sentence, though. Case in point is actually a borrowed translation from another language, I believe, but not completely sure which one. Latin, possibly, but literally speaking it's grammatically correct in Italian, whereas it's not really grammatically correct to use the term "in point" in English. Caso in punto....again, it's a borrowed phrase. Can we get Derek in here to clarify?

And knowing is half the battle. Ok language geek off.

I always though it was the former. Case in point doesn't sound as appealing or convincing. Why doesn't it work?

this about it. think REALLY hard.

Case and point = two different things. "case" and "point".

Case in point = the point of what it is you're talking about.

can someone explain that better?

Well, it does work as you said it but 'case and point' sounds like packing instructions and it's redundant. Case in point means "this example supports my point of view".

It's kinda like saying 'nukular'. Everyone knows it's nuclear, but some people still can't pronounce it correctly for some reason and it has made it's way into our vernacular. Not saying you're an idiot or anything, but it's a similar example.

the reason it doesnt work is because its NOT THE PHRASE. people know what you mean, but they think you are a little dumber for getting it wrong. like when someone says

i could care less vs i COULDNT care less
i should of gone vs i should HAVE gone
for all intensive purposes vs for all INTENTS AND purposes
accept gay sex vs EXCEPT gay sex

there are millions more i cant think of right now

Sweet. Case and point was definitely made there, Super Mahrio. I'm now going to spare myself a ton of frustration and wrinkles by blocking you. Thanks for being an insufferable and shit-smearing fag, though!

Using the ignore option is for wimps. WIMP!
The last line in this post is very funny though. lol I think a title change is in order!