I'm interviewing Mikael

OOH! OOH! ME! ME!

Uh...what's his favourite cereal :p

No no, seriously, I'll see if I can think of anything worth asking.

[Edit: Ah sonic death, I used to go there ]:)

as long as we get some tentative tour dates....that would be good
...and find out what he thinks of all his teeny-bopper fans here at UM.....

Originally posted by Punisher
ask him how he got so good at english when it's not even his first language...

Answer (in part): he lived in Canada for a few years while growing up.

Also, most people that grew up in the Swedish school system speak very good English in the first place.

Nice... that sounds like a good start.

Some ideas...

Perhaps a few questions regarding the writing processes of both these albums would be nice? When, where and how long did it take to write them both? Did Mikael write all the material himself?
How much like or different is this from Opeth's other material?
We've heard it's heavier/harder, does that mean more of the same type of layered sound structures that we heard on BWP?
How much acoustic guitar passages are there? Any strange or different instruments (violin) used on the all acoustic album? Does Michael do all the singing or does Steve Wilson help out on any tracks? Michael originally planned to do an acoustic album project outside of Opeth, with different musicians... what changed his mind? Is that something he still would consider doing in the future?

ask Mikael how over the years his motivation for writing music changed? What is the difference between his inspirations when he was around 20 compared to his inspirations today.

I remember him saying how he wanted to write the most evil music ever. How did that evolve to what it is today. And what is it today anyway?

Hope you like this quesiton.

Sfarog

Originally posted by ChaoticTate
Also, most people that grew up in the Swedish school system speak very good English in the first place.

People in most countrys that aren't america tend to learn english as they're all much harder workers than our lazy asses here in america.

Originally posted by Sfarog
ask Mikael how over the years his motivation for writing music changed? What is the difference between his inspirations when he was around 20 compared to his inspirations today.

I remember him saying how he wanted to write the most evil music ever. How did that evolve to what it is today. And what is it today anyway?

Sfarog

Very good question. It was apparent from the start that he was a very gifted songwriter, but what made him change his mind (and thank god he did) about the whole evil thing?

Originally posted by Sfarog

Sfarog

Excellent question indeed!!!!!!!
IMO, Bloodbath was more or less serious regarding the Mikael's comments on this side project...

Also, When are you interviewing him?