ask Akerfeldt your questions

mooserider

Chaos Webmaster
Jan 28, 2002
Lille, France
www.metal-immortel.com
Hello all,

Soon a reviewer from my website will be interviewing Mikael. If any of you have any original questions about Opeth, please don't hesitate to post them here and we'll try to forward as many as possible. In about a month I'll give you the link to the final interview.

Thanks for your help,
Bests,

Moose

As a fan of this band for so long, it has always been in the back of my mind if they can keep up with their past records, as i know that Opeth do progress through every release, if Mikael has ever been very stuck for ideas of how he would like to take the band with the next record.

Lietuvis said:
Why does Mikael make so many homosexual jokes? I don't go to Opeth concerts to hear fukkin gay humor... it is pretty funny, but it makes them seem gay. (and I don't want to think that my favorite band is gay) :ill:
Havent you seen the pictures? Ahahahahaha. Oh, I got another question. What happened to this project with Portnoy and the other guy? I haven't really looked through the forums for a while.

What is your opinion on the following images?

basspelican1.jpg

Opethforum.jpg

I like the unconventional interviews, like that one where Jeff Loomis was asked for the last time he had to wipe his ass more than three times. Or in his opinion, to rank certain guitarists out of 10. Or what his favourite videogame/snack/cigarette is.

We've all really heard Mike talking about Opeth before. I mean the poor guy does interviews constantly, as does the whole band. I think it's good to add a bit of interest.

What is it about concepts that he likes? How does he come up with them?

Has the idea of producing a concept album that has a film as well (ala The Wall) sound good to him and is it or something similar (graphic novel, book etc..) a possible route in the future?

What bands from the current metal scene does he actually like?

What's up with the wilson/portnoy project?

Obviously what's up with Lopez? If lopez couldn't return who would he want to/think could replace him (seeing as Lopez is such a good fit)?

Are there any songs that he regrets writing? Any riffs/lyrics he looks back at and just cringes at?

How does he feel to suddenly be under the press spotlight? Is he annoyed that his band has only suddenly had a surge of interest because of signing to RR? Doe he think this new found interest will be long term?

..i'll let some other people get some ideas in now lol

Whats the dumbest thing you have ever done?

Do you miss being a spectator at gigs?

What are your hopes for your daughter?

Whats the most memorable fist fight you have been in or witnessed?

If the band was going to have a fight to the death who would win?

who moshes the best out of the band?

Is it true that your band has played soccer matches agaist other bands?

Who were these bands?

And who won?