I'm looking for someone to mix my band's 4 track CD (Paid)

hey, im new here. I got here looking for metal forums with mixing engineers that specialize in metal, hardcore and that stuff. Im amazed at the quality of some mixes. The paladin shreder and proggm mixes were very cool! Im loving the drums in proggms, I think that mix is really pro sounding!!!

to those two users, do you mind telling me if you use outboard or mix just with plugins (in this songs mix)??? i can barely hear a difference with pro sounding records, so I would like to know how do you do that.

sorry for the long post, next time ill do a thread with my bands tracks and see what you guys in the forum can do!!

whats the budget gonna be for the 4 songs if mixes are picked....... i might update my mix if i can get time in between the 3 sessions i already have today ....

Hi, Sorry for the delay in getting back to everyone!

We've had a listen to all the samples posted, and we've picked out someone to mix it for us, based on our budget and the mixing quality.

Have to say it was a tough one, there's a lot of really good mixes on here for our track!

Sorry we haven't had time to give individual tracks any feedback.

Thanks again for having a go, we really appreciate it!

:)

to those two users, do you mind telling me if you use outboard or mix just with plugins (in this songs mix)??? i can barely hear a difference with pro sounding records, so I would like to know how do you do that.

thanks for the compliment! i mix in protools using mostly waves plugins and massey plugins. i have a digi 002 as my only "outboard" gear.

leucine: glad you found a mix you are happy with.

Although we were late because of mixing and mastering other bands we did today the mastering of the song. I upload it just for reference reasons.
We went for a totally more punk way of the song keeping some elements of "a day to remember" band.
The guitars went more groovy and the drums went more kicking in the lows.
As for the voice we went for the straight in your face feeling, away from delays and spaces that don't fit with angry melodies.
Here is the link to the master..

http://www.divshare.com/download/6319981-1e5

Many mixes were great, we wish topics like these will go on, great forum.
Wish every luck to the band.

WWW.VIRTUAL-SOUNDS.COM

The paladin shreder and proggm mixes were very cool! Im loving the drums in proggms, I think that mix is really pro sounding!!!

I use some outboard, but mainly plugins (waves and uad). I'm planning on getting more (and better) outboard, but that's just the icing on the cake. Remember that the main quality of the mix resides on the skill of the engineer.