ControlState is looking for someone to mix cd

Thanks man! Actually, it´s not just a sample, it´s a blend of two differrent Slate kicks (so unfortunately, no sharing) which I have processed / EQ´d quite a bit to get the desired sound. :headbang:

Man its all good Im gonna have to get my hands on those slate samples hahaha awesome good mix man!!
What did you do to the guitars?? Reamp or was it a program?? That shit sounds beastly

I am dicking with the files, but it's taking a while because i have ASSHOLE ROOMATES that sleep all goddamn day and won't leave, so I can't be loud. A GOD SURELY DOES NOT EXIST. EVER. FUUUCK.

I tried to do this one as fast as possible, so knowing there were a lot of things to do (reamping, pitch correcting, time fixing, drum sampling, mastering, etc.), there might be some details uncovered, but I think you’re gonna like this one (particularly the vocals).

Btw, I used my new Rupert Neve Portico 5042 TapeFX into the mastering chain of this one. It gave the song warmth and plenty of loudness without killing the mix. Other gear/stuff used was Soldano X88R into Mesa 2:90 into Mesa Std 4x12 into SM 57, Ampeg SVT head into 8x10, Slate Samples and some more cool equipment.

EDIT: Updated, see next page.

Happy newyear guys! Man, I didn't expect this much reactions! Thanks alot! I will need some time to listen to all :headbang:.

I tried to do this one as fast as possible, so knowing there were a lot of things to do (reamping, pitch correcting, time fixing, drum sampling, mastering, etc.), there might be some details uncovered, but I think you’re gonna like this one (particularly the vocals).

Btw, I used my new Rupert Neve Portico 5042 TapeFX into the mastering chain of this one. It gave the song warmth and plenty of loudness without killing the mix. Other gear/stuff used was Soldano X88R into Mesa 2:90 into Mesa Std 4x12 into SM 57, Ampeg SVT head into 8x10, Slate Samples and some more cool equipment.

Updated (fixed some automation stuff and reamped again, still needs some mastering eq but it will work as a reference):
http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/458576/controlstate test mix 2.mp3
Btw, it's a 128 kbps file, if you want a higher vitrate encode, ask me.

Wow, I've realised how terrible my version is... theres a new mix bouncing as we speak. Guitars sound awfully digital and plasticky but seem to work in the mix. Some vocals are iffy, I bounced em as a group and the spoken parts are way soft.

Link: http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/324723/Control State4.mp3

What pick-ups were used in the guitars? EMG85? There's one type of EMG (I think EMG.. our guitarist recorded with EMGs and had a slightly similar sound, but perhaps there are other pickups too) that seems to always produce this one kind of tone (some say organic I say plastic), and I want to avoid that in the future. Similar to Symph X's earlier stuff.

Thanks for all the mixes guys! I listened to all of them and their are some that sound great! Some great ideas on the vocals too. We will listen to the mixes carefully with the other bandmembers cause we have a lot of choice!

Tomorrow we record a second song :headbang:

I'd love to try this. But without sounding like a complete n00b so to speak. I have never uesd midis in a project before...:( what to do?