ControlState is looking for someone to mix cd

I'd love to try this. But without sounding like a complete n00b so to speak. I have never uesd midis in a project before...:( what to do?

Here's a free drum vsti to get you started.

http://www.bluenoise.no/mydrumset.html

The samples in it are raw (a good thing for many people) so you will need to process them after you have routed them to seperate channels in your daw.

After your comfortable with that you could look into drum replacement plugins to utilize the wealth of samples donated by many people of this community.

Thank you guys so much. I do own EZDrummer and Drumkit From Hell plugin for it. I love that program. I've never actually uploaded a midi into it to play. For as "experianced" i am I still realize how dumb mistakes make you look ignorant. Ha. well Im going to give this song a try now.

Hey guys! First of all, thanks a lot for all the mixes. We appriciate it very much that you put your time and energy in this. We listened to all the mixes with the band members. Some of them we like very much, some of them we like less. I really like some ideas of effects. Now there comes a time were we have to decide. At this moment, these are the two mixes we like the best:
- FET
- Mintcheerios

We think this sound fits the most with our music.

best mix so far IMO

guitars sound fucking great, which krank do you have?

cheers bro! its very a primative mix!!! guitars need way more work imo, and i very quickly mastered it too and didnt spend time on the vox!!! so its very rough around the edges

Its a Krank Rev Jr into a Marshall 1960A with V30s

Updated mix, more tuning on the drums and guitars, and alot more bottom end fullness from the bass. a bit warmer than the previos mix! more vox mixing too!!!

its a tad bit too loud, and thus mushy in places, think the bass is too loud! plus the gclip is being pushed too hard!

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/369408/ControlState 3RD MIX.mp3

looks like i had some really strange wave problems too. My mix sounds way lower compared to the others :D. that explains the tempo problems

Well,

After one of our fastest mix & masters ever we provide you with 2 links with mastered files.
One with loud industry settings and one which gives more value to dynamics.
For the drums we used BFD and the whole mix and master process went through many plugins and hardware.
Some decisions we made was:
1) to NOT make it "wide" because it doesn't fit the genre in our humble opinion
2) to NOT go on with the LOUD attitude which kills dynamics
3) then we did also a LOUD master because you will probably prefer it as many clients do
4) treated the vocals like a "hard/nu metal vocalist" and not as a "black metal/grindcore vocalist". Kept them straight except from the backing vocals were we made some room to feel something like the best old moments of Fear Factory
5) treated the drums in a modern metal/punk/numetal attitude but from a different angle. We didn't made a high frequency kickdrum because the music is atmospheric with great melodies and we tighten up the kickdrum with a muddy but big bass so we can achieve a more "stead up and headbang" attitude.
In a few ways we made some choices we are working on lately with some bands and work really good, meaning "to get rid off the usual aspect and give a more punchy and bigger sound but with direct sounds and avoiding wide imaging and reverbs..".

DYNAMIC MASTER

LOUD MASTER

We wait for your thoughts..
I personally made this express mix/master.

VIRTUAL-SOUNDS
George Kant.