I'm mixing the new Storyteller album (mp3 clip)

Heya that sounds awesome! Infact so awesome im gonna ask what equip you recorded it with, and what equip youre mixing with? :D

Naraithsil: It was recorded in Studio Underground, Västerås, Sweden... I wasn't really involved in the recording process, so I can't tell you much about it. Guitars are 5150 mkII with 2 x SM57, vocals are TLM103, drums are several different Shure mics with Golden Age Project R-1 as overheads. The mixing was done in my own studio, actually with software only... Cakewalk SONAR, and mainly Voxengo & Kjaerhus plugins.

Matt: according to our label (Black Lodge @ Sound Pollution Distribution), it will be out in September. HOWEVER, based on earlier experiences, my guess would be the end of October.

Sounds fantastic - Your rhythm section sounds like Susperia, much like on unlimited, when your drummer is riding the China in the background (which I think could have been pushed a bit more) and pulsing. They sound similar also by bare literal sound too - the kicks punctuating the bass like that.

Good work! Studio underground you say..hmm..a bit different form Carnal Forge huh!

Hellalpha said:
Sounds fantastic - Your rhythm section sounds like Susperia, much like on unlimited, when your drummer is riding the China in the background (which I think could have been pushed a bit more) and pulsing. They sound similar also by bare literal sound too - the kicks punctuating the bass like that.

Good work! Studio underground you say..hmm..a bit different form Carnal Forge huh!

Thanks man! The Carnal-guys are good friends of mine btw... and, hehe, you're right, we're a bit different. :cool:

Swedish quality...I say! I am not into the genre, but I loved the clips here. Not anything I'd buy, because I am not into the genre, but if I was, I'd buy it for sure. I am especially impressed with the quality, tightness and tone of your guitar sound and playing. At first I thought your drummer was a drum machine, he's rather tight. I think you did a wonderful job here.

The vocals reminds me of the one in Evergrey and the one in hammerfall,(similar singing clichés, I guess?)

Cheers and good luck!