I'm Not Ashamed To Say.....

MetalManCPA

Papa Opeth
May 19, 2001
Visit site
that when I see Opeth on January 18th (for the first time), and when The Drapery Falls begins, I will cry out of sheer enjoyment and belief that I am actually watching and listening to a band that has captured my musical heart the most of any band I've ever heard in my 42 years of musical listening experience.

And if they don't play The Drapery Falls, there are other songs I expect will give me that same feeling.

WHEN opeth comes to australia. They ARE going to play April Ethereal, The Moor and Godhead's Lament... Just for me, all for me.

I'd bust my fucking nut just to see them play live, regardless of the songs. They could play Eternal Soul Torture and I'd still be awestruck.

Originally posted by Moonlapse
They're never gonna play Moonlapse Vertigo... Mike said it himself *sob*... :(

yes dude, but i can't understand why they won't play this song...they played it at miwaulkee (not sure about the spelling) and for me it was a cool performance....so, i can't stand that.:(

Originally posted by Ectoplasma
yes dude, but i can't understand why they won't play this song...they played it at miwaulkee (not sure about the spelling) and for me it was a cool performance....so, i can't stand that.:(

they said it was impossible to play, they even though it didnt sound right in the studio, so I guess they are afraid that everything will go wrong :rolleyes:

Originally posted by metalmancpa
that when I see Opeth on January 18th (for the first time), and when The Drapery Falls begins, I will cry out of sheer enjoyment and belief that I am actually watching and listening to a band that has captured my musical heart the most of any band I've ever heard in my 42 years of musical listening experience.

And if they don't play The Drapery Falls, there are other songs I expect will give me that same feeling.

That's totally kick ass, nobody should be ashame to share such a great deal of happiness. It makes me feel good to hear such comments :)

I wish to be able to say the same at 42 years old.

Originally posted by Static
Oh yeah...Metalmancpa, didn't you say you were gonna take your whole family to it??

Yup - the wife and kids are coming along for the ride. What better way to enjoy something then to share it with those that mean the most to you :)

Originally posted by metalmancpa
Yup - the wife and kids are coming along for the ride. What better way to enjoy something then to share it with those that mean the most to you :)

Incredible! You should be proud, really :)

Yup, I actually started crying when they opened Milwaukee with Moonlapse Vertigo, which was my favorite song at the time. That was their first U.S. appearance, and back then they were still relatively anonymous. So it was just surreal to watch that music, which up to that point had been so intensely personal, played in front of me.

Now I'm spoiled. This upcoming tour will be my 4th and 5th time seeing them. I almost wish it was my first, so I could relive that moment. But I'll be with some people for whom it will be their first, so I'll just have to live through them. :)

I'm ashamed that Opeth fans would admit to crying during a show... what a bunch of wimps.

Just kidding. That's a very real emotion.

I will cry the day I finally get to see Pain of Salvation.

:cry: