im seeing dev tomorrow night for the first time ever

Saw them yesterday in NY... They got 50 mins or so. Awesome show! I didn't really know what to expect from DTB, but I was blown away, and Devin is a much better guitar player then I expected! He even made a joke like he was gonna embarass himself, because Mike Romeo was playing after him LOL But he pulled off some amazing solos, the SX crowd didn't seem to know how to take their music at first, but towards the end of the set, they were into them! I really like the way they did the soundcheck, they REALLY took their time. Needless to say, the sound was perfect!

-GK

Willith said:
yeah, it sucks, I can't really make fun of Devin now. I was introduced to him tonight and he was really nice, (much more so than I wouldve imagined) not like any other musician I've ever met. ...Of course, it couldve been cause of who introduced me too. (no, it wasn't some hot broad.)

Yeah man Devin is a great guy. I had the pleasure of talking to him for about a half an hour. Me and him were making fun of professional sports and Fred Durst. HAHAHAHA. Also was telling me his days with Vai. Signed my ticket stub and Syl - City album. This was when he was with Strapping Young Lad on the Samael/Cathedral Tour.

Awesome guy to meet if you ever get the chance.

Speaking of decent people... Mindspell will have an interview with Ryan posted soon.

Caeros said:
I hope I'll be able to catch up with him after his set. What did they play?

Seventh Wave, Storm, Earth Day, Life, Regulator, Truth, Away/Deep Peace (I hope I haven't left anything out--this was the Worcester set). Everything everyone else has said about him is true--what a thoroughly cool guy! No star trip whatsoever.

greyghost said:
Seventh Wave, Storm, Earth Day, Life, Regulator, Truth, Away/Deep Peace (I hope I haven't left anything out--this was the Worcester set). Everything everyone else has said about him is true--what a thoroughly cool guy! No star trip whatsoever.
Sounds like an awesome set, I'm dissapointed that there's no Slow Me Down though.

COBSteele02 said:
Speaking of Devin, does he ever post on this message board? and if he does what is his account name
Dev won't post here, we actually set up the official hevydevy / devin Townsend / Devin townsend band official forum, it should come up with the new site in 2004. Dev wanted a "HDR forum" only for all his solo projects and the DTB. He wants to focus on his solo career now

man, the worcester show was awesome. a was pretty pissed at the fucker in the front row who was acting like he was SO bored during dev's set. i wanted to punch you in the fucking face you ignorant bastard. just realize devin has 1000 times the musical talent than all your favorite bands combined.

that being said. great job by dev. amazing vocals and amazing guitar playing! that solo was incredible!!!!

Worcester was okay. The shortcomings in the set were mostly the fault of the venue. The power outages + other equipment faults were not there when I saw em again the next day. Heck, devoid of that crap even all that remains sounded decent.

getting ready to walk on over to Jaxx in about 4 hours. I'll miss the opening bands due to work but its less than a block away so I'm ready for a great set!

Just wish there was some Physicist material being played.