im seeing dev tomorrow night for the first time ever

I only read the first few posts on the second page, but I'll just say I'm confused.

I dont care if people listen to symphony x, bodom, dream theater, blah blah, whatever other bands. these are bands, ie, groups consisting of usually 4 or more individuals who collectively write material for an album in a group effort. devin writes everything on his own, save the latest syl album. that means every single piece of sound you hear on his albums came from his mind alone. that, along with the fact that the music is amazing, deep, powerful and oh so complex in some parts pretty much makes him the "winner" by default if you insist on comparing him to these other bands. alone, he is the single most creative, musically talented individual in music today and how any educated music fan can't see this is beyond me. im sorry, but when someone says his music sounds like linkin park, they honestly dont know a damn thing. devin is the farthest thing from linkin park let alone and musical genre that exists. how does one classify his music? each album is totally different and unique. he definitely puts the "progressive" in metal, seeing as how he's the only musician around that actually pushes forward with each album instead of remaining introverted.

oh and a few more ponts to add

nevermore, currently are my favorite band on the planet, so i can give an unbiased opinion for sure. as good as they are, the music they make just cant compare to devin's music at all. i can recognize that but still enjoy the hell out of it.

and who cares about mike romeo v devin townsend. romeo is a great player...he's no jeff loomis, that's for sure, but he's still amazing. gene hoglan said dev is one of the best guitar players he's ever seen. think about that for a while....gene hoglan...someone who has been around metal and seen more than most, laying down a compliment like that is pretty big. does that mean he is a "better" player than anyone else in particular? no, it just means he is a great guitarist. he's humble as hell too...have you ever read any of his interviews? hed never admit to being "better" than anyone else. also, even if he flat out said "yea mike romeo is way better than i am" devin is 10000000000000000x the songwriter romeo could ever be, so who cares?

im gonna go grill a steak.