I'm sorry to say......

Xorv

Drug the Priest
May 30, 2005
the bowels of lochness
I know I'll probably get flamed for this, but Kamelot is the best Power Metal band ever. I'm a big fan of Symphony X, and they actually were one of the bands that brought me into metal. But Kamelot is still better.

Well I don't have a problem with you having that opinion, in fact I sort of do because you would class Symphony X simply as power metal. I don't understand why you'd want to post it on the Symphony X forum though. You could try the Kamelot forum because that's generally where people post about Kamelot....

There seem to have been several people doing this recently - posting how much they like bands other than the inferior Symphony X, or even dislike the band. Why? What do you achieve by it? If you like some other band so much, post on a forum about them.

I wouldn't go to a black metal forum and go "Well you know that black metal stuff, I think it's rubbish. Symphony X is better." because I have better things to do, it pisses people off and I honestly don't care if other people don't like the music that I like. At the end of the day it's just my opinion - who gives a shit. So why do people do it here?

know I'll probably get flamed for this
Never start your post with those words.

, but Kamelot is the best Power Metal band ever
For you but you've to remember there different tastes as many as there is people.

I'm a big fan of Symphony X, and they actually were one of the bands that brought me into metal
Why don't you post this to Kamelot-forum. There are probably some who haven't heard of Symphony X and they'll thank you later for this information.

But Kamelot is still better.
There is always a better band and there is always right place for every post.

I'm curious what your motivation was for posting this here? No judgments, just curious..since it's not exactly worded so as to inspire discussion or the like, what was the purpose? Enquiring minds wanna know.. :)

I just don't understand why some people always want to rank bands, when musical tastes differs for everyone. I just discovered kamelot a little while ago, and just heard 2 cds, and I love them both, specially the black halo, it's a superb album to me.

But I would never dare to say that they are superior than "any other band", this is completely subjective. I'd dare to say, however, that I like and enjoy SymX more than kamelot, and nobody could argue with me for that.

But this forum, and this is sad, has a lot of members who always try to rank bands: "my band's better than yours, your band sucks, etc.." and this is frankly annoying, the extralong threads about dream theater between people who likes them or not are just ridiculous because people doesn't want to respect others musical tastes.

Enough for the rant

Opeth's awesome. I know people will always create their own descriptions for music, and I thought of Opeth as serious metal with some prog or "art" sensibility. Mikael Akerfeldt's range, going from beautiful vocals to vicious growls, and the band's ablility to play thunderous as well as acoustic and even interweave them sets them beyond an everyday metal band to something more distinct. But I'd say they definitely have some prog elements here and there.

I have Epica, which I like a lot. I just bought The Black Halo. Overall i think its mediocre. That may change as I listen to the album more.

My favorite Kamelot tracks (from what I heard so far) are Center of the Universe, Descent of the Archangel, Lost & Damned, Karma, and March of Mephisto.

THe only other power metal band I listen to is Sonata Arctica which I must admit I am loosing interest in. I agree with Luis that Kamelot is unlike any other power metal bands.

Theres a Kamelot forum here? Where?! I haven't seen it.

I've heard somewhere that Symphony X is prog metal, but they are power. Same with Kamelot.

And Opeth is death metal\prog metal

Xorv said:
Theres a Kamelot forum here? Where?! I haven't seen it.

I've heard somewhere that Symphony X is prog metal, but they are power. Same with Kamelot.

And Opeth is death metal\prog metal

You heard this from the mighty genre title hander-outer Im sure?

He told me I played walrus metal. I kinda looked at him funny, but thats what he told me so...

not gonna dispute.