I'm Stuck In A Rut

Dol Guldur Or Ashes Against The Grain?

• Summoning - Dol Guldur

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • Agalloch - Ashes Against The Grain

Votes: 18 62.1%

• Total voters
I like Agalloch's nature theme a lot though it's really cute.

I ... really don't have much room to go callin' people gay because I'm one of the worst when it comes to "gay shit" but holy fucking hell ten thousand anuses HAD to have been penetrated the second you hit submit.

I ... really don't have much room to go callin' people gay because I'm one of the worst when it comes to "gay shit" but holy fucking hell ten thousand anuses HAD to have been penetrated the second you hit submit.

How so? You have to admit that Agalloch created some of the cuuuutest metal music of all time espicially on The Mantle I absolutely adore that album!!! It's so.... mystifying.

Actually, I don't really like Agalloch that much either. However, it is pretty unique stuff, and it didn't completely put me off on the first listen, so I've kept it around on my comp, and it's starting to grow on me just a tad. Every now and then I'll go to sleep to it. :)

Go to sleep, :lol: ya thats sounds like an awesome album!

that agalloch album runs its course after about 5 listens. get pale folklore for the full agalloch experience.

get minas morgul or stronghold before dol guldur.

but definitely lunar aurora's andatch before any of them.

the poster above must be a deathspell omega fan. poor soul.

Hey, instead of just saying one or the other is better, why don't we try talking about the differences between the albums for a while? That might actually be of some use to Reaping Clarity.

If I recall, Summoning sounds a lot more like the soundtrack to a Lord of the Rings movie, and has a lot of horns playing. Agalloch's melodies are more on the subtler side, and almost have an indie-esque feel to them. Agalloch's also a big fan of having wind sound effects. :)

So generally, the image I associate with Summoning music is some battle scene from a Tolkien movie, and for Agalloch it's more like traveling down a countryside/mountain road in fall.

Hey, instead of just saying one or the other is better, why don't we try talking about the differences between the albums for a while? That might actually be of some use to Reaping Clarity.

If I recall, Summoning sounds a lot more like the soundtrack to a Lord of the Rings movie, and has a lot of horns playing. Agalloch's melodies are more on the subtler side, and almost have an indie-esque feel to them. Agalloch's also a big fan of having wind sound effects. :)

So generally, the image I associate with Summoning music is some battle scene from a Tolkien movie, and for Agalloch it's more like traveling down a countryside/mountain road in fall.
Yeah the wind sounds get me every time as well:) They add to the mystical atmosphere. Good description w/ "driving down mountain in fall". Songs like In The Shadow of Our Pale Companion off of The Mantle will take you on an undiscribable journey. No band has done that to me before.
As far as Summoning I cant comment a whole lot...but what Ive heard does resemble a fantasy battle scene.

That's a tough question, which is more origional Filosofem or Minas Morgul and Seelenfeuer. I'd have to go with the Summoning albums because I have yet to hear any bands that play the music that Summoning plays, nothing personal of course Mort.