Imaginaerum World Tour 2012 starts in Los Angeles, CA

Thanks Enigma, feels good to know that I won't have to wait until next Summer, which wuold really have bummed me out!
It will be my first NW show ever so you guys can understand that I got bummed out when I thought I might not get to see them until after 8 months!

Michèle

According to Finnish newspaper Karjalainen (Oct 24. 2011) Nightwish will play a gig "somewhere in the USA" under a disguise name before the Imaginaerum World Tour opening concert at Gibson Amphitheatre in L.A.

Nightwish is known for playing such "hidden" gigs before previous tours in order to test themselves, their crew and all new systems at a live situation before a live audience. Before the DPP tour in 2007 they played three "secret gigs" at small'ish venues in three different European countries.

Whether the "secret gig" will happen in or near L.A. is debatable but likely. Those of you living at the area, better keep your eyes open for what'scoming up at the local smaller venues on the weekdays just before Saturday, Jan 21th. You might get lucky!

Note that this is unconfirmed information aka a rumour. Heck, it's a "secret gig", don't think they'll announce it anywhere with the band's real name, but these rumours have become true before... I attended at one of Nw's disguise gigs back in 2007, bought the ticket on intuition and travelled 4 hrs without any confirmation if I was going to see Nightwish or some other band. Was my lucky day!

Aaaaaah I have tickets to my first NW concert!!!!!!! I didn't have to wait until next summer, but waiting until 10th March of next year is just as bad!

Hello all - now I'm starting to wish I had decided to see NW in LA instead of going to Vegas and the Grand Canyon *g* I'm sure you'll all have a fantastic time!

I'll be in California during January, but I've never been there before and don't know any of the venues. If anyone hears more news about this mysterious secret try-out show, please do share it here :)

Ok, I'm trying to get Nightwish to come to Lawton due to the fact that we NEVER get people here, but am hoping that if we get Nightwish, other bands will come. Yes, there are hotels, Great Plains Coliseum is where I want them to play sooo bad I can taste it. How many of you that are from the midwest would be willing to give Lawton a shot?

Thanks! Since the other NW board is closing down and I'm living in the US now, I figured I might as well register here *g*

I have a spare ticket for the LA concert... (seat, Loge 12). If anyone is interested, please contact me! :)

OSA news bulletin:

Several reliable sources have submitted this Key Club advertisement to the OSA, and while the name does not ring a bell, the advertisement looks strangely familiar...

Nightwish has been known before to play secret gigs before kicking off a tour; could this be one of them?

(Disclaimer: This is purely speculation on OSA's part; we are not announcing news of a secret gig, so if anyone chooses to attend this show on the chance that it could be Nightwish, does so at their own risk!)

I can tell that the Karjalainen newspaper in Finland told on Oct 24.2011 about a secret Nightwish gig scheduled "somewhere in California" in mid-January 2012. Also hints to look for a band named "Rubber Band of Wolves" playing at the LA area at the same time have been heard from a very reliable source. And if you look at the band's poster, it looks very familiar... :)

But the final judgement will be your own. Sometimes a small risk in one's life may pay off... but like said, nothing is guaranteed and all inquiries about the band's identity have met a wall of silence. Yeah, at least that makes it a secret gig, I think... :)

Tickets are only $13 and currently available here. Remeber, the capacity of the Key Club is about 600 persons, and when this rumour will spread out... You know it'll be packed!

Argh. I just bought a ticket. Too bad I'm flying out of Vegas on the 20th (very late at night though)... Not sure if I can make it after all. Who's going?

Thanks a lot for sharing the info, St Enigma!

No, I'm flying back to the East Coast on the 20th, so I'd rather need a later flight. I'll be travelling through California & Nevada before that. Whether I can go to the show depends on how my travel mates and me plan our trip, and whether I'm willing to do the LA-Las Vegas 6h ride three times in a row... well, we'll see.

By the way, are you still interested in the Gibson ticket? :)

^I am, but I need to get my funds together; I was also told that there would be tickets waiting for me at will call, but I'm a little nervous because the only other time I had tickets waiting for me at the front door the day of the show, I was able to contact the person who put me on the list in case there were any problems. I don't have that kind of a safety net here. I'm sure everything will be fine, but I was interested in your ticket just in case anything happens.