IMMORTAL!!!!!!! in Chicago 2/22/11

raising_iron

Nov 3, 2006
I know there's quite a few Chicagoites hanging out in here. Me, the wife, and a friend will be trekking down from Grand Rapids next tuesday and meeting up with our good friend Osiris' Eyes for this legendary band. Anyone else in here planning on attending?

I will be there. Just barely got a ticket before it sold out, thankfully. As usual for me, I'm debating to take the train or actually drive considering how late the start time is for the show.

I have seen them twice before. They were great both times.
Not big enough of a fan to see them again.
Maybe if there was at least one other band on the bill I was interested in seeing.
Should be good.

Anyone else on the bill asides from ABSU?

I have seen them twice before. They were great both times.
Not big enough of a fan to see them again.
Maybe if there was at least one other band on the bill I was interested in seeing.
Should be good.

Anyone else on the bill asides from ABSU?

I believe it's just Absu as support. As Jose mentioned the other day, it is sold out too. I'm really looking forward to this one.

Edit: Wow, did I seriously just say it was sold out twice in a row? Someone needs sleep.

As far as I know just Absu is supporting which is excellent in itself, this will be the first time for this long time fan seeing them so needless to say I'm pretty stoked! Hope to see you there nomisofsiman!

I would have needed to drop money from work tonight. Since I am up for a promotion, no way I am calling sick for Immortal even if I could get tix. Sucks that I had to miss them twice.

What a perfectly glorious snowy day for Immortal to play Chicago!!! Any locals in need of a ticket for the sold out show tonight, let me know. I am not looking to make a profit...hit me up if you are interested.

So? How was it? Did they have the wall of fake Marshalls???

I have been reading reviews from my facebook freinds......

- they played around 75 minutes. sad since Gamma Ray played for 2 hours for 100 people. Immortal played 75 minutes to a sold out crowd. Everyone pretty much said the same thing about the show.....it was good but nothing they would want to see again. Kind of like what Jason and I also stated after posting about seeing them earlier in this thread. Too bad. When a band does these limited shows they really should come out on all cylinders.

What is the incentive for Immortal to play at 110%?
Just like when Emperor toured a few years back to lackluster reviews.
These aren't long term recording bands anymore.
They know they will make $$$$ from tickets and merchandise alone.

It is a shame considering what they charged for that show, with only one support band, to play only 75 minutes.

The Immortal show was awesome! The set time was 10:27-11:51, so more like 85 minutes. They played 14 songs total. They played Blashyrkh in the encore instead of Beyond The North Waves or the set would have been right at 90 minutes. The crush up front was insane. I can't speak for the entire crowd but the crowd near me was really into the show. I didn't hear anyone say they were disappointed after it ended. It was like riff heaven! I would go see them again in a heartbeat.