Immortal

WNxScythe

May 16, 2004
Two parter thread:

First off, I can't believe it's taken me so long to look into this band. Although their early material doesn't really do it for me, I LOVE the blackened thrash they have going on ATHOW. Can anyone tell me which of their other albums also use this style. It's amazing. I'm continually going into spasms of headbanging over it.

Also, I remember reading somewhere that Immortal had reformed and are playing a gig in LA and in NY. Are they going to expand this? Also, are they reforming just for this or are they planning on releasing new material/continuing to tour?

EDIT: Holy freak the riff that starts at 4:00 on ATHOW (the song) is ridiculous.

^ nah

Battles in the North is probably their 2nd best behint ATHOW imo, so get that and Pure holocaust, that's probaby their best 3. Sons of Northern Darkness is an awesome album as well, but probably not as good as their earlier material, Damned in Black is ok but by far their weakest effort.

Well I never said I cared much for that album, but it makes use of the thrashier-black metal which is what was asked. Sons of Northern Darkness as well.

Well I never said I cared much for that album, but it makes use of the thrashier-black metal which is what was asked. Sons of Northern Darkness as well.

Pure Holocaust is far more representative of the trash black that was asked, Damned in Black is the album that shows that style off the least.

Dän;5672804 said:
Pure Holocaust is far more representative of the trash black that was asked, Damned in Black is the album that shows that style off the least.

You have this completely ass backwards.

Anyway, Scythe, it's nice to see that you've finally heard of a band that isn't called Lengsel, Gorguts or Negativa.

Immortal are reunited and I believe they will be working on new material in 07. Like already mentioned Damned in Black, Sons of Northern Darkness, Pure Holocaust and Blizzard Beasts are good choices but all Immortal albums are powerful. Abbath said the new stuff will be like a continuation of Blizzard Beast material which is more brutal, and won't be like Sons material.

You have this completely ass backwards.

Anyway, Scythe, it's nice to see that you've finally heard of a band that isn't called Lengsel, Gorguts or Negativa.

Hah. I'd heard of them since I joined this site and had only heard like 2 songs, Where Dark and Light don't differ, which I liked, and some random song off of one of the early two albums which I didn't.