IMPORTANT - about the defective discs

Caotico

Sep 17, 2001
Terra firma
www.darktranquillity.com
Hi - here's finally an official word or two about the situation with the album. It took a while to get the initial confusion cleared and for C.M. to work out a good method of replacing the discs.

At present, it's not known exactly where in the complex chain of the manufacturing events that something went wrong, and I can assure you that the people at Century Media are as disappointed and frustrated by the situation as we all are.

Below is the official statement from C.M. with info on how to proceed if wanting to obtain a replacement copy.

============================================
News:
Topic: Dark Tranquillity - Damage Done

Regretfully we discovered and must announce that a number of the new Dark Tranquillity CD, "Damage Done", were discovered to be contain a minor defect on the audio portion of the discs. If you happened to receive a defective disc, please send an e-mail to the following address: service@centurymedia.de
You will get a return mail containing further details.

If, however, you are not able to play the CD-ROM portion of the album (the video track for "Monochromatic Stains"), this does not mean you have a defective CD. All the samples we checked had fully-functioning video enhancements, but the problem is most likely either incompatible system requirements, or (most often) that you need to install or update your version of Quicktime media player to version 5.0 or higher. To download Quicktime or upgrade your old version, visit this link:
http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download

=============================================

To those who are holding on to the defective disc, may I hold what is the defective track length for 'Final Resistance'? Pls help cos my CD is in and I want to double check wif my supplier b4 accepting the disc.

Originally posted by arcturuz
To those who are holding on to the defective disc, may I hold what is the defective track length for 'Final Resistance'? Pls help cos my CD is in and I want to double check wif my supplier b4 accepting the disc.

I recommend that you listen to it before buying it because different cd-players will display a different track length and the defect only causes one or two seconds to be cut off so there is room for mistakes if you only rely on the track length.

well, no matter how frustrated and annoyed the guys at cm are, i find it difficult to take much pity on them.
one of the most anticipated releases of the year, and one that didn't leak everywhere before the day it was out, came out with a messed up booklet and two corrupted tracks. i guess either they don't pay much attention to what they are doing or they're too self-confident ppl would buy the record twice or just swallow whatever is thrown their way. this is quite an abusive behaviour, although of course mistakes can happen.

rahvin.

I agree with Rahvin's view about CM - all this makes them look like amateurs. :(

However, as I'm gonna get that Japanese DD as well (right, Red_Beef?), I think I'm not gonna return my current copy, despite the defects.

-Villain (who just got his new modem working - took more than 6 hours for me...)

one word to make the whole situation a bit easier on those of you who bought the defective DD: soon enough it is going to be a collector's item and it might be worth more than the "good" release. I wouldn't be so fast in having it replaced. After all if you want the flawless copy you can still get mp3's, which is fully legal if you own a copy of the original disc and you are going to use them for your personal backup, ie you are not going to sell burnt cd's. This way you don't give CM the money for a second copy and you have a "very special edition"; as for the booklet, well, relax, booklets get lost all the time, don't they rahvin? :lol:

hyena

@hyena: you're telling this to someone who's gonna buy both versions anyway, plus the japan release, plus the jewelcase. plus he's gonna have your hides if you lose any of the booklets. :p

rahvin.

@Hyena... why did you have to say that? Now everyone i going to save their discs, and mine wont be worth a dime...:bah:

-phyros ( :p )

i just wanted everyone to cheer up, but this in itself is a very stupid idea :)

hyena

I bought the CD(digipack) yesterday here in a shop in Berlin and of coursed i noticed the minor defects, but my booklet seems to be ok,tell me,what's wrong with the booklet?
I think i'll keep the Cd cause it might really be a collectors item one day.

Originally posted by falling bird
I bought the CD(digipack) yesterday here in a shop in Berlin and of coursed i noticed the minor defects, but my booklet seems to be ok,tell me,what's wrong with the booklet?
I think i'll keep the Cd cause it might really be a collectors item one day.

There is a minor spelling error but nothing to worry about (just check out IF Clayman:D ) and I think that the bonustrack should be placed last in order but is placed somewhere in the end, like place 8-9.

Nothing big there, but on Cathode Ray Sunshine it reads Henri instead of Henriksson on the music-credits. Also, you must have noticed the differences in font-size on those credit-lines (especially on I, Deception).

-Villain

At least on lyrics of : "Hours passed in exile" and "I, deception"
there is mark ¥ on lyrics as mark `.
I will probaply change the defect cd..
I´m not a collector.. I a listener..

The lyrics are also in wrong order in booklet...at least mine has...that kind of sucks...but without any special stuff from CM, I will not send the disc back...

Neither will I. Can't live without it for a week or whatecer it will take to get it back. And since my booklet is signed I don't want to send the original CD away.