IMPORTANT: Forum announcement by moderators

Profanity said:
Yes, I think this was the right move. The spamming/bitching on this forum is getting out of control which is putting off many true Opethians. If this problem isn't sorted then it will just get out of control.

I support Moonlapse and Samsara with whatever they decide because they have never made a wrong move before.

Too right mate - I totally back this idea. This forum has some adults who would like to converse openly and intelligently, and we happen to be metal fans from years back!

I like milk....
Seriously, sometimes this forum needs a lighthearted humour-injection.
And do not underestimate musical interest and hunger of the younger.

most of the threads are still related to opeth or music in general..
but I agree there are some threads that just dont cut it.. but threads like the opeth joke thread sometimes went out of controll but that just added to the flavour of it but now all the new kids will start ramming that report post button on something funny/ontopic/non flammy

just make sure these new people dont flood with even more trollish threads, and dont give them reccomendations either - too lazy to go out and find good music unless it thrown in their faces and by the new whore label.......god i hate them already....

"Am looking forward to a tyraneous reign."

Damn, I love sarcasm. Can we still have sarcastic one liners if they follow a few sentences of substance?

i'd like to say that on behalf of people like me, and there are some, that aren't really noticed that like to say a few nice things about a thread or a persons comment, that if it is turned into a flamming situation i usually let it roll, but i think people are ever changing and a forum is too, so it's hard to debate what is what, but if everyone is reasonably nice and doesn't have the "i have to stand up for myself because my weiner is (small) big" attitude, we should be alright.

Alteredmindeath said:
Screw authority! what is this... babysitters r us.

I think you should be grateful that we have a free forum to talk about Opeth. Since it's free, the admin's and mods can make rules, and we must obey them. They aren't harsh rules at all, I honestly don't see any problems with them. The forum was out of control with spam and useless arguments.