In-car Music Recomendations!

Dec 27, 2004
Written in the car on lunchbreak and posted from my cellphone:

Wizzard - Songs of Sin and Decadence.

Wizzard is Metal. This is obviouse from the first riff of the first song and is only reaffirmed when the Lemmy-meets-Tom Angelripper vocals kick in. In an era of Godzilla-partying retro-thrash it is refreshing to listen to an album that is uncompromisingly aggressive and Heavy fuckin' Metal to the core (Yes, I know this is not a new album). Each track stands out on it's own without the sense of repetition that sometimes plagues (amongst second rate wimps and posers) Metal. The subject matter of the lyrics fits the musical style perfectly, with hymns to darkness as well as odes to Metal and Metalheads. The guitar sound is great, crunchy and not overly produced. The drums are pounding! Traditional but that's just the way it should be on this album. The bass is not under-represented as is unfortunatly the case on many albums. The bass riffing is on par with the riff assault coming from the guitars, rellentless on both accounts! The bass is loud in the mix yet not overpowering. Satanic fucking Speed fucking Metal.

Just fuckin get it because I have manly musical taste and say it's good!

This is pretty cool, but I'd choose something like Portrait over this. It's kind of bland with the harsh vocals, I think.

this is good! I just searched and found out they are from Germany ... the vocalist was really giving me an Oi vibe initially.

Metal archives says from Finland.

If you like Heavy Metal like this, definitely check out Portrait, Tully.

Master's Hammer - Ritual

So I sit, eating McGriddles and listening to an amazing band that equal portions here probably know and love or have not a damn clue in the world of. I'm here to remedy the later half of you lamebrains. This album (and band) would appeal to any fan of true metal of most genres, as from the opening song Pad Modly you can smell the Doom, Death, Thrash, and Black Metal seeping through the speakers. From here it continues on very impressively, the guitars and drums creating a strange landscape for the bass to thunder through. Even the keyboards are used to tastefully (or gruesomely!) accent the music instead of planting homo-flowers all over an otherwise scorched earth. The vocals are killer, varying in style at different times but always excellent. The vocal layering on, for example, Jama Pekel adds a great twisted sound.

This shit is awesome.

BONUS INTERVIEW:
http://bp1.blogger.com/_BupdZE96j4Q/RzcArP10FRI/AAAAAAAABmc/Ii43zmRvLqQ/s1600-h/Master's+hammer.jpg

Master's Hammer - Ritual

So I sit, eating McGriddles and listening to an amazing band that equal portions here probably know and love or have not a damn clue in the world of. I'm here to remedy the later half of you lamebrains. This album (and band) would appeal to any fan of true metal of most genres, as from the opening song Pad Modly you can smell the Doom, Death, Thrash, and Black Metal seeping through the speakers. From here it continues on very impressively, the guitars and drums creating a strange landscape for the bass to thunder through. Even the keyboards are used to tastefully (or gruesomely!) accent the music instead of planting homo-flowers all over an otherwise scorched earth. The vocals are killer, varying in style at different times but always excellent. The vocal layering on, for example, Jama Pekel adds a great twisted sound.

This shit is awesome.

BONUS INTERVIEW:
http://bp1.blogger.com/_BupdZE96j4Q/RzcArP10FRI/AAAAAAAABmc/Ii43zmRvLqQ/s1600-h/Master's+hammer.jpg

UPLOAD!

it's probably really hard to find it by typing something really arcane like "masters hammer ritual blogspot" into some obscure website like google so you definitely should not try that because it will not work

p.s. beer time at my place in like 2 hours be där and drink bäär