IN FLAMES Clayman Re-recorded 2020

upload_2020-6-8_17-10-12.png

So many questions I could ask :D

"which one of you is Krofius?"

"have you ever visited the ultimatemetal IF forums?"

"why does Howard Benson ruin your songs?"

etc...

I once watched a Q&A with Bjorn. He answered 20 questions in around 3 hours.

Well I'll just ask them if they are planning to remaster Reroute or STYE. I'd like them to do it on the slim chance they pull it off and make the songs sound better than the shitty original mixes. If not the originals still exist so whatever.

You could ask the same question but changing R2R and STYE for SC and Battles :D.

When it comes to production, I have less issues with R2R and STYE than I have with ASOP, SC and Battles.

You could ask the same question but changing R2R and STYE for SC and Battles :D.

When it comes to production, I have less issues with R2R and STYE than I have with ASOP, SC and Battles.

The difference is the songs on SC & Battles suck, so I don't care if they are remastered.

I think STYE production is fine and it suits the songs imo, what's your problem with it de4life? I think it's fairly similar to CC but a bit dryer especially the lead guitars.

Reactions: Jester Slave
I think STYE production is fine and it suits the songs imo, what's your problem with it de4life? I think it's fairly similar to CC but a bit dryer especially the lead guitars.

I assume you've listened to the STYE set on the Used & Abused DVD? The entire album sounds 10000x better because the guitars are more in the foreground, the drums don't sound like ass and the overall production is punchy and clear rather than flat and dull. I didn't even know I liked Dead Alone until I heard it on Used & Abused, and similarly I only noticed the awesome guitar melodies in Like You Better Dead when I heard it on Used & Abused.

Seriously, it's like night and day. I'm not saying the STYE production is terrible but it does a lot of those songs no favours at all. Much like with R2R it robs them of a lot of their power because guitar leads are often buried in the mix and the ones you can hear don't jump out at you the way they do on Colony, Clayman or Come Clarity.

We talking the snare or all of the drums? I know the snare kinda stands out a bit but doesn't really bother me

Listen to the chorus on both of these and tell me the album version sounds better? It's muddy as fuck compared to the live version. It's no contest for me.

Nope. Not fine. St Anger of In Flames productions.

Reactions: galvanized
Honestly I wouldn't mind hearing a remade Reroute to Remain (the track), even with Howard's shit production it'll be clearer than the original. and with improved vocals, the chorus would be great.

I don't mind STYE production, it's not good, but its no worse than Come Clarity IMO, it just seems worse as the tracks aren't as strong. R2R and Battles remain the worst produced IMO, followed by ASOP

The biggest problem with ASOP is that no amount of remastering is going to fix Anders' vocals on that record. They are going to suck no matter what. They would need to remaster the instruments (which are fine, just nuked by the production) and rerecord the vocals to make it sound decent. Admittedly I think Anders would probably sound better now than he did during the ASOP sessions, but I can't see them going through all that effort.

Me neither. I can honestly see them going through the motions to do cloud connected but that's about it.

It's a bit of a shame that they are remastering the one album in the back catalogue that doesn't need it in any way, shape or form.

I mean... R2R, STYE, CC, ASOP, SC and Battles could all potentially benefit from a little remastering, but fucking Clayman? Literally nobody (except Slave, apparently) has ever asked for or wanted a remaster of Clayman.

Reactions: eochaid