IN FLAMES Clayman Re-recorded 2020

So, how should I put this? Anyone creating fake accounts to impersonate another person, even if it's just for fun, deserves to die.

Well, maybe not. But that is taking the joke too far.

It's immature behaviour for sure. I like to think we have higher standards in this odd little community. I'm comfortable sharing my social media info with you guys and I'd want everybody posting here to feel the same way. We may disagree and argue about things, but when it's all said and done we still respect each other.

So In Flames have announced that Friday evening they will be streaming one of the sets from Borgholm Last year, which is super exciting IMO

That'll be interesting to see. They were really good when I saw them in April '19 so there might be some good stuff on that set.

That'll be interesting to see. They were really good when I saw them in April '19 so there might be some good stuff on that set.

For sure they were great. Were you also at Roundhouse then?

The day 1 set was almost the same as what we saw, but with a couple of additions like Burn, Wallflower, Stay With Me. Day 2 was a wild mix of tracks which had some awesome stuff but I doubt it's the day they'll show.

For sure they were great. Were you also at Roundhouse then?

The day 1 set was almost the same as what we saw, but with a couple of additions like Burn, Wallflower, Stay With Me. Day 2 was a wild mix of tracks which had some awesome stuff but I doubt it's the day they'll show.

I went to their show in Norwich. It might have been the end of March actually... I don't remember the exact date now. Going to London is a bit of a pain for me as I refuse to take my car there, and trains stop running back to where I live at 11 so I'd have to significantly cut short any show where I'm watching the headliner or find accomodation which is a hefty extra expense.

I have to admit I was a bit gutted that they added "Burn" on the concerts after the UK as that was one of the tracks I was looking forward to hearing from ITM. The ones they did play were still good though.

Ahh that's gutting man :'( I live in bedford so it's an easy hour down into London so I'm lucky in that respect

Yeah it was a shame not to see Burn, but Deep Inside was played and I prefer it to burn by a mile, so I'm happy that and Call My Name, but that's a single so of course they'd play it. Can we just take a minute to appreciate the fact the ITM songs work really well live? Voices as an opener is great too. Also, they played Colony. Annd MSS. 'nuff said.

I want them to play the title track when I see them next, which is whenever their 2020 uk tour gets rearranged to.

To be honest most of IF's more recent songs work better in a live environment. I wasn't particularly thrilled that they played TCP, House and Here Until Forever but honestly they all sounded decent live. I would still have preferred to hear other songs but those ones were still good. I didn't think much of Voices originally, but after hearing it live I appreciated it more on the album too.

It's immature behaviour for sure. I like to think we have higher standards in this odd little community. I'm comfortable sharing my social media info with you guys and I'd want everybody posting here to feel the same way. We may disagree and argue about things, but when it's all said and done we still respect each other.

We know for sure that one of us doesn't have any standards for decency or respect.

Reactions: TheJestersDoor
To be fair I've seen it twice live now and to its credit its not too bad. TCP is solid live too, especially mid set. I pity anyone who has seen them open with it though.

Hey I like All For Me and Monsters In The Ballroom live, maybe that makes me a monster.

Oh yeah, there's a lot worse that could be done. You see people getting properly doxxed, phone calls to their house, etc. I'd like to think there's nobody here who is that unhinged. Although as per my signature you did once admit to potentially plotting to murder me over my textual beatdowns :D
Damn, I totally forgot that... :D I used to be funnier!
To be fair I've seen it twice live now and to its credit its not too bad. TCP is solid live too, especially mid set. I pity anyone who has seen them open with it though.

Hey I like All For Me and Monsters In The Ballroom live, maybe that makes me a monster.
TCP is amazing live, but Monsters is... meh.

I like the instrumental side of All For Me, about three-quarters into the song, but that's all. In fairness it's not like it's horrible or embarrassing or anything like that, it's just not an interesting song to me as a whole. Similar with Monsters in the Ballroom... it's not bad, it's just not that interesting to me.

TCP opening their set when I went to see them in 2010 was hugely disappointing and it sucked, because they played it exactly like it was on the album. You expect the opening of a metal concert to have energy, not be an eight minute snoozefest. This time around they had tweaked the song for live performance and it was in the middle of the set, so it came across much better. Plus Anders' growls on that song were just ridiculous. I've never heard him sound like that, dude was a beast.

There's an explanation for them opening with TCP. The intention is to introduce the band step by step. First guitars, then bass and drums, then vocals. And I think they're pretty proud of the song

I remember seeing TCP when they did it too as opener with the big band reveal thing, it was fucking cool when the big drapery on the stage came off and the song kicks in second gear, I've always loved the outro especially.

I didn't realise Schehf released a new cover of MSS a few years ago.

I love how these songs sound with clearer production.

Reactions: plintus
Yeah, I used to love his IF covers. At the time he made some of the most professional sounding covers on YouTube, and it was cool to hear a lot of the songs in instrumental format with clearer production. I was quite excited when he started a band, but then they got in a metalcore-sounding singer and it was just... meh. Kind of a shame.

Yep, our boys up soon.

Just looked at both IF setlists from Borgholm Brinner last year and in two setlists they couldn't find space for one fucking song off The Jester Race? Even Lunar Strain and Whoracle got one song for fuck's sake.

Reactions: eochaid
Anders interview on first... says he's trying to learn piano on skillshare :D considering the amount of keyboards on their albums lately that probably isn't a bad idea.

Reactions: eochaid
Okay, so they went straight from Pinball Map to All For Me, cutting out Where the Dead Ships Dwell, Call My Name & Monsters in the Ballroom. I don't care much about the other two, but showing All For Me instead of WTDSD? Lame.