IN FLAMES Clayman Re-recorded 2020

If it isn't being sent out for review before release then it's unlikely there will be a leak.

So it is so bad that they don't want it to be reviewed:D.

At this point it looks as if the only people being excited about its release are the ones willing to shit on it.

Imagine thinking of a most retarded idea ever to actually fucking speed up the intro riff of Bullet ride, one of the most iconic album opening moments ever
It doesn't have any fucking balls left, this is castrated of any oomph

Yeah, every single one of these re-recordings is pathetically bad. It sounds like a bunch of covers recorded by some random guys on YouTube.

Bullet Ride - 1/10 - oh my fucking god. What have they done to this song. It's legitimately even worse than I thought it would be. The opening sounds so... flat. In fact every rerecorded song sounds flat, because the production is fucking awful. Anders vocals... just, wtf dude? The cleans are cringeworthy and sound horrific. Growls are dull and lifeless. Those cleans though... ugh. I literally cannot listen to this track because of how terrible they sound. An annoying, nasally whine. Nobody, even Ciko and Phobiac, can surely actually enjoy these cleans? The solo sounds fucking atrocious. Remember the awesome dual guitar in the original? Ain't in this version. Sounds like it was put through an early-2000s nu-metal processor. This rerecording is an absolute piece of shit and an embarrassment compared to the original song.

Pinball Map - 2/10 - the opening, much like Bullet Ride, is neutered as fuck although at least recognisable. Verse is passable but sounds way worse than the original, flat and boring. Pre-chorus hasn't been fucked up too much. The chorus is Anders doing his intensely irrtating whining, nasal singing which sounds horrendous. Ruined. For reasons beyond my understanding the extend the chugging section with some out of place guitar melodies and then some cheap sounding synths. Solo sounds like shit because Bjorn doesn't know what a guitar should sound like in a metal song. So overall, verses and pre-chorus recognisable but far inferior to the original, chorus pathetically weak, everything else a disaster as well.

OFTW - 1/10 - this EP should be titled 'How To Ruin Legendary Songs' because this is all these idiots are doing with these disgusting rerecordings, and OFTW gets arse raped as badly as all the others. The opening, 100% seriously, sounds identical to a cover somebody sent me way back in the mid-2000s. Same shit audio quality. Anders singing in this... I can't even find the words. He's a disgrace to his profession when he puts stuff like this out. Verses and chorus both ruined by Anders' singing. Solo is sloppy and badly mixed as expected.

The instrumental is fine, I guess, so not much to say about that other than that I'm thankful there are no vocals.

Production on this EP is an atrocity. As an experienced producer I can't believe Anders is genuinely OK releasing these songs sounding this way. To me it genuinely sounds like home production, not professional at all. The levels of instruments seem to be all over the place, not mixed properly and at times difficult to listen to. Vocals suffer the same problem, combined with Anders being one of the worst singers in existence on this record.

What a piece of shit this is.

YOu just wait until someone says that they find them to be better than the original ones.:D

The instrumental is fine, I guess, so not much to say about that other than that I'm thankful there are no vocals.
Can you develope? This is the only one I'm interested in.

Last edited:
It's just Bullet Ride, OFTW & S&A being played on violin/cello for the most part. Might be some other songs in there as well but honestly it isn't that interesting.

For the first time ever, I’m strongly considering not even listening based on what you guys are saying.

But curiosity will likely get the best of me when it’s legit released.

Just deleted this entire EP from my phone. Will never listen to these rerecordings again and will pretend they do not exist. Now listening to the originals to bleach my ears.

Just deleted this entire EP from my phone. Will never listen to these rerecordings again and will pretend they do not exist. Now listening to the originals to bleach my ears.

So to everyone that listened, is Clayman the best re-recording? Or is it also equally bad. Curious how that ranks since I did hear that one before.

I would say Clayman is the "best" of the lot overall. Bullet Ride and OFTW are simply ruined by Anders trying to sing the verses, and various other parts of the songs are fucked up or just sound like shit. I'd say Pinball Map is the next 'best' as Anders' singing "only" ruins the chorus, but I am baffled as to why they added in some garbage guitar melodies and idiotic synths to the breakdown section.

It's just Bullet Ride, OFTW & S&A being played on violin/cello for the most part. Might be some other songs in there as well but honestly it isn't that interesting.
To think that people will waste their money on this. :rofl:

Last edited:
If they gave this abomination away for free it would be overpriced. You'd have to be a pretty huge IF fanboy to genuinely enjoy this - to the point where you could basically hypnotise yourself to love anything they put out.

Reactions: eochaid
Isn’t this just the standard release from now on? So any new person who wants Clayman (our kids, and grand kids) will get these songs as well.

It’s for the kids, yo.

Well, fortunately the original songs are on the proper release as well - but they are "remastered" so who knows what's been done to them.

Ouch, this is bad stuff. As DE said, these sound like covers. Bad ones. The worst part is, this is probably how they're going to be performing these songs live from now on.

Interview with Bjorn regarding the re recording. Conclusions form what he says:

1. They're not proper musicians :D.
2. He doesn't think that the original album sounds that great today. So they prefer their lame current sound.

Ouch, this is bad stuff. As DE said, these sound like covers. Bad ones. The worst part is, this is probably how they're going to be performing these songs live from now on.

From what he says this is how they've been playing those songs live.