In Flames - Jotun (Multitracks Content)

Hey, binting!
It seems that you've some async within your tracks. Check it.
Also may say that the bass takes too much space in the mix. Drums might also be more powerful. :)

xTITUS MAXIMUSx, nice mix, mate!
I'd like to give you a little advice about how to make the lows tighter: try to hi-pass the bass from around 50 Hz, kick from around 45 Hz and guitars from around 80-100 Hz depending on filters Q-factor. Cleaner the lows tighter they are. :) Of course, do not overdo with these things, because you can make your mix sound thin then.

Thanks for the advice man!

My attempt. And my first time using a real amp! A Maxon OD808 in front of a Peavey 6505 +, through a Mesa Rectifier Cabinet, captured with an SM57.

:headbang:

Last edited by a moderator:
My Try, im fairly new to this so some feedback is really welcome!

Signalchain:
Engl Fireball -> Engl Standard Cab V30 -> SM57 + e906 pointed in an arrowshape to the speaker, the e906 straight to the center, sm57 45° to the edge of the center

http://snd.sc/QiKj5r

Thanks so much for the content, I'll get to work on this tomorrow hopefully, time permitting.

Nice job on the song Triscore!

Here's my attempt:

It's hard to get their smooth guitar tone.

No, I do not mean I achieved it. :D

Wow, never expected to run into this thread!
If I had to chose a favorite song from In Flames, It'd be Jotun actually.. recently saw them live, good people.. had a drink with the folks at their bar.

Excellent recordings everyone.. if I had to chose one, it'd be this version, takes me back to Gothenburg, hehe..

The rhythm guitars could growl a bit more if you ask my input; slightly more distorted.. but it's better than the original when it comes to more low end. Good job! :D