In Flames REROUTE TO REMAIN

I got a copy of Reroute To Remain, and I don't think they have turned into Korn or Limp Bizkid or POD (or whatever)...it still sounds like In Flames, just with new sounds...
To the dude who thinks that Grindcore Death is crap, listen to In Their Darken Shrines by Nile...or actually just listen to Nile, it's musicianship far beyond most...

exorial: IMO, clean vocals are a great pitfall, and so far only DT (and Opeth if we count them) have really hurdled it properly IMO.

Atm... I don't have Damage Done due to a cock up in the record stores. *grrr* Haven, in terms of musical accomplishment would be their weak record I think, but it makes up for that by being unholily catchy and accesible.

Wanderingblade,

I agree, clean vocals can be a huge pitfall. If someone doesn't know how to sing, you can really tell with clean vocals, and that's why I hate hearing clean vocals in a lot of current melodic death releases. Most death vocalists have shit clean voices and vocal skills. Probably the best clean voice I've heard from a death vocalist is Dan Swano. His cleans are godly, and if all death vocalists sounded as good as him, I wouldn't complain one bit. Unfortunately, nobody comes close, and Anders (while I love his death vox), comes in near the bottom of the barrel. I also hated Stanne's cleans on Projector, but I guess its all completely subjective. Each person has their own taste.

Nephren-Ka,

No, IF have not turned into Limp Bizkit or Korn or whatever, but their supposed use of nu-metal-like riffing is what people are referring to. Personally I can't tell because I don't listen to one shred of nu-metal anyways. R2R does still sound like In Flames, but the new sounds you mention bury everything that I liked about the band. The simple basic chugging rhythm guitar is up front, clean vocals are up front, keyboards are up front, and melodic lead guitars are buried behind everything else. It's almost as if they're thrown the melodic leads in as an afterthought to hook in the old fans, while putting all the new stuff up front to capture a new audience. It's still In Flames, but not an In Flames I care about any longer.

I think you are all foolish for finding fault with this album. So Fucking what if they don't wanna release "Whoracle part 8" now. They're ( :;sigh:: ) in the NOW frontier, to borrow a title of a similarly despised underrated record

Don't like it? There's plently of great albums worthy to hear from the present, and from the past. Find those. You'll be happily surprised when you do.

In flames, fucking sellouts. R2R is a piece of crap. It would not surprise me if i turn on MTV at noon and watch R2R or whichever track those fuckers want to sell first.

Cheers for the old Jester Race and Whoracle times.

lol watch this I'm gonna bring this back after 6 years.

And now, after 6 years, the newer albums make this look a lot better.

At least Reroute was alot more like old In Flames, which makes sense since it's their first "sellout" album.

Wow that is fucking wild to look into the past like that. To think... there was ever a time when people were suprised to see Opeth shirts at Hot Topic, and Arch Enemy wasn't on MTV2. Am I getting that right?

Oh, trust me... I'm not too happy about the premise either.

Also... you think Opeth shirts in Hot Topic are bad? I was buying an Invader ZIM shirt the other day, and they have an Emperor shirt (for 'Emperial Live Ceremony') as well. :eek:

I wish I was kidding.

I think the fact you are buying an Invader Zim shirt is pretty fucking bad...

lol watch this I'm gonna bring this back after 6 years.

And now, after 6 years, the newer albums make this look a lot better.

At least Reroute was alot more like old In Flames, which makes sense since it's their first "sellout" album.
You asshole. Fuck epic bumps.

Anyhoo, it's their worst. Soundtrack was slightly better, Come Clarity was vastly better, and A Sense Of Purpose was slightly better than Come Clarity. Basically, Trigger and Cloud Connected are the only good songs, System and Reroute To Remain are okay, and the rest is fucking garbage.

Wow that is fucking wild to look into the past like that. To think... there was ever a time when people were suprised to see Opeth shirts at Hot Topic, and Arch Enemy wasn't on MTV2. Am I getting that right?
Yeah...and when people lumped Opeth and Arch Enemy in with In Flames and Dark Tranquility...

Why the fuck did you bump a 6 year old thread Ozz?
Was that asshole Clayman.

5 out of 10 album.
4/10, imo.