In Flames -Sounds of A Playground Fading (Upcoming 10th album)

Just seen the 3rd episode, and I like it. The Puzzle part sound great. Ah, I want a new album now! It sounds so fresh, mature and inspired. :headbang:

It's all soft commercial pop-rock! :lol: (Bijelo dugme) ;)

That riff works really well with drums and all other stuff.

Samo vi čekajte da jednog dana Anders napravi frizuru ko Bebek... Brkove već ima. :p

My apologies to the rest of the forum... Internal jokes. ;)

Here is what the digital booklet looks like:

20zkg9pt0jptb62nqopt.jpg

qni3ful6gh6ba9dki1.jpg

8wu8trbztsl2bfwuag7i.jpg

ysm1r2nr8ffu7zh0rc8.jpg

It's all looking very interesting and I haven't been more excited for an album coming out in a long time, the harmonised guitars on Deliver Us were some of the strongest since Clayman and really made me glad, plus I'm just digging the vibe that this album is giving off a lot more than I did ASOP's, it feels more like what I would expect from In Flames for sure.

What I want to know is if there's evidence of any growling whatsoever appearing on this record, I love that In Flames have broadened their musical perspective and their experimental work like Metaphor and Dawn of a New Day but I feel that if this album is to be a true representation of their past career as they seem to want it to be then they should make the use of everything in their arsenal, the thundering rhythms, the synths, the lead guitar melodies and harmonies, the clean vocals, the spoken word, the high pitched screams and the amazing low growls which were such a strong part of what makes In Flames unique. I think to miss out on any one of these elements would be to spoil a great opportunity to make potentially the greatest expression of In Flames and their greatest album to date.

ASOP had one growl, the second "you are a killer" in March To The Shore, I've seen the band live, I know Anders is capable of it... come on guys, do us proud!

Sounds pretty good so far. Not the best or worst single imo.

http://lauta.imperiumi.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=38355&sid=05fa97f6d8b331ed58d12e60ea64ecbf&start=25

One of imperiumis (finnish metal site) crew members post something about new record.
Sorry about my bad english, but anyway he says something like:

He listened the record couble of times and seems to like it. Anders is singing clean like 90%, but he thinks those sounds good. He noted that he likes newer in flames more (ala CC, Clayman, Reroute) and he said new album might even top those. Good and catchy melodies everywhere and he wont even miss jesper.

@ GraemeSinclair i don't think the growls make In Flames unique at all. I find the high pitched screams and raspy screams of Come Clarity much more dynamic than growling. Lets face it- every band is doing low growls these days!

Concerning that 'he' won't even miss Jesper- Well In Flames have seemed to have a lack of creativity of late (okay one bad album out of 9 isn't bad, although Subterrainean is complete turd to me aswell) and it seems the guys have become a tighter-knit group as a result of Jesper leaving, as they stated in the second studio report. It seems alot of people have underestimated the might of Bjorn Gelotte all these years lol

Hey Fonzbear2000 thanks for posting, that digital artwork looks fucking awesome. Did it include lyrics? If so, post them please! =)
ASOP had one growl, the second "you are a killer" in March To The Shore, I've seen the band live, I know Anders is capable of it... come on guys, do us proud!
No actually, ASOP has/had several growls, at least 8 of them. I could list them if you are interested :p

Yeah growls that are soooooo deep in the mix that you can barely hear them...

I love the F(r)iend from Used and Abused and I would love more songs like that, screams in verses, growls in chours...

Yeah Drifter i agree- it's a really dynamic song and is very tasteful (although not in lyrics!) for a heavy song. Not a huge fan of the production quality in F(r)iend's vocals, though.

The Studio Episode #3 is great! The Puzzle has a completely epic riff- it sounds like Colony brought forward into 2011! Bjorn explains that he's been practising much more aswell, trying to show off more technique.

Used and Abused version of F(r)iend >>>>>>>>>>>>>> STYE version.

In Flames should do a song with Eminem :cool:

37883.jpg

Just thought i'd throw this out there- it blows the packaging of A Sense of Purpose away, easily, and makes Engel's Absolute Design fold-out look like a piece of cardboard. Oh wait... :loco:

I want this!