In Flames -Sounds of A Playground Fading (Upcoming 10th album)

156499INFLAMESAllabums.png

It's funny when you see how each album's art is completely different on the bottom row, whereas in the top row (old-school IF albums) all of the art is done in the same stylised fashion. It mirrors the sound of In Flames perfectly: the early albums sounded similar to each other, whereas Reroute to Remain-onwards each album sounded very different from one to the next. And so did their covers.

I think In Flames have had one of the greatest careers (back-catalogue wise) in metal music- it's a damn shame the fan base is split in half and constantly at war. It taints the fact that all of their albums are great. It clouds what would otherwise be a highly declorated metal career. Enough of that- i'm looking forward to SOAPF!!

Lunar Strain :

The Jester Race :

Whoracle :

Colony :

Clayman :

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXw9Yx7jTxI&feature=fvst[/ame]

Reroute To Remain :

Soundtrack To Your Escape :

Come Clarity :

A Sense Of Purpose :

Sounds Of A Playground Fading :

When you think about it...This is fucking amazing.

Last edited by a moderator:
this is lame and it slowers this site for me, fuck it, add more ultra large pictures and even more YT videos of your favorite songs, SIGH.

this is lame and it slowers this site for me, fuck it, add more ultra large pictures and even more YT videos of your favorite songs, SIGH.
That was obviously not the point of their posts. It was to show the evolution of their albums and their artworks. If it slows your computer down, maybe this is the time to upgrade it.

Also, about the Whoracle artwork, where the hell is the Jester? Can't see it anywhere :S

That was obviously not the point of their posts. It was to show the evolution of their albums and their artworks. If it slows your computer down, maybe this is the time to upgrade it.

Oh thank you Capitan Obvious. To your knowledge not everyone is able to upgrade it when this is the time.

Also, I think everybody knows the evolution? I disagree with Dantess, the last three artworks look kinda samiliar, all of them have one character as the main thing.

... and Vanilla you probably chose worse songs from CC and ASOP ;)

Sense of purpose artwork is just bad. hated it when i saw it. new one is a lot better but cant beat old ones. Just hoping to hear some new song. guitar riff from new episode sounds too simple and (heard before) to my ears.... but hoping for best :bah:

I can't find the Jester Head on Whoracle, Reroute to Remain, STYE and Come Clarity. Is it just no present or could someone point them out for me?

I like how The Jester Race, Whoracle and Colony have pretty much the same background on album covers :)
Yes, the sky in the artworks are pretty much the same but different colors. It's because TJR & Whoracle were concept albums, and Colony also was a type of concept album.