In Flames -Sounds of A Playground Fading (Upcoming 10th album)

I'm new to this forum and I can't think of a better group to answer this question. For awhile now I have been looking for interviews with the band that talk about the transition from "old" to "new" IF. I've been wondering whether or not Anders vocals have changed (from Clayman to R2R) due to necessity or due to choice. Can Anders pull off his vocals from TJR and Whoracle now? Personally, I can appreciate both "old" and "new." Each has their pros and cons. I'm just curious.

To the ones who have downloaded the one from that YouTube link, I've filled in the surveys with bogus info and got the password :

inflamesplayground72

This file is legit! Sounds soooo good. Not too keen on the verse vocals. Similar too the whiny effect in ASOP if you ask me but with a slight improvement.

I'm new to this forum and I can't think of a better group to answer this question. For awhile now I have been looking for interviews with the band that talk about the transition from "old" to "new" IF. I've been wondering whether or not Anders vocals have changed (from Clayman to R2R) due to necessity or due to choice. Can Anders pull off his vocals from TJR and Whoracle now? Personally, I can appreciate both "old" and "new." Each has their pros and cons. I'm just curious.

I doubt he can, I heard his good vocals really messed up his voice and actually had throat surgery about 10 years ago.

Thanks a lot for password :). So.. the song is really good and much more heavy than things from ASOP. I'm waiting impatiently for good album I hope :)

So... (in response to legend0909)

singer can't sing
one guitar player is allergic to guitars strings
second one is a boozer
and their drummer runs around naked stealing other people's beer...

And people wonder how come they write soft pop-rock now... ;)

Will someone please upload the damn thing on yt, and induce the wrath of mighty CM?

Oh, thanks Leather Belt. :)

When i first heard that acoustic intro i honestly turned the song off thinking it was one of those videos 'prentending' to be a In Flames song... how wrong i was...

Holy Shit! The title track is awesome! Not a hugely big fan of the vocals in both verse and chorus (i'm willing to bet they will grow on me ALOT more than any song from ASOP has), but the guitars... WOW. Completely perfect blend of old melodeath-style In Flames and modern melodic metal In Flames.

And God is that intro spine-chilling or what? Not to mention the pummeling solo (once again i seemed to have overlooked the solo when listening to a song for the first time!) The outro is awesome too- it seems they are going for more creative, imaginative transitions between songs- what with all the synths and strange industrial sounds. Much more creative from In Flames- not trying to end the songs in 3 minutes with a simple 'end' in a riff.

Amazing intro to the album. :D

Definitely much more creative than ASOP. Really looking forward to this album. If Sounds of a Playground Fading can leak the whole album can to, theoretically?

I just realised how amazing the guitars sound during the chorus.
The solo is awesome and it has that unique In Flames feel to it.

This song alone is better than ASOP itself. There's a better feel to the song and the structure is really good.

Definitely much more creative than ASOP. Really looking forward to this album. If Sounds of a Playground Fading can leak the whole album can to, theoretically?

If it was from watermarked copy I think it is no big deal to upload whole thing. In fact by upload SOAPF somebody has already done something that he shouldn't. Maybe this person would do more for us :D

Uh, good song.

Intro - it sounds like a mix of STYE era clean parts with something out of Metallica's Ride the Lightning. Melody is really cool, but I don't like the transition into first riff

Verse - ASOP upgraded. Pleasant, but average riff. Some screaming vocals.

Chorus - really good. Epic and catchy. Much better then anything out of ASOP.

Solo - a bit short, but a highlight of this song for me. It's fairly easy to play, but really well composed. If they took this melody and built a two minute section around it, it would sound like TJR stuff.

End - "headbangable riff" (copyright by Krofius) and odd industrial sound (Clayman-like feeling) that fits really well

Not a 10/10 song. But better than anything we heard from In Flames since CC or maybe even Clayman. It may not have that "in flames" feeling all over it, but I think that is down to Bjorn writing all the stuff, without input from Jesper. Can't wait for the whole album.

Uh, good song.

Intro - it sounds like a mix of STYE era clean parts with something out of Metallica's Ride the Lightning. Melody is really cool, but I don't like the transition into first riff

Verse - ASOP upgraded. Pleasant, but average riff. Some screaming vocals.

Chorus - really good. Epic and catchy. Much better then anything out of ASOP.

Solo - a bit short, but a highlight of this song for me. It's fairly easy to play, but really well composed. If they took this melody and built a two minute section around it, it would sound like TJR stuff.

End - "headbangable riff" (copyright by Krofius) and odd industrial sound (Clayman-like feeling) that fits really well

Not a 10/10 song. But better than anything we heard from In Flames since CC or maybe even Clayman. It may not have that "in flames" feeling all over it, but I think that is down to Bjorn writing all the stuff, without input from Jesper. Can't wait for the whole album.

Sums it up really good.

Just plugged in my earphones for a deeper, clear sound (than my speakers), and BAM. You snatched the song away in an instant! :(

Epic opening song though- hope there's a good variety of song types across the album! And more riffage from Bjorn! Also nice to hear that the final track 'Liberation' will be a softer rock song, perhaps a new TCP? I always like the final song on an album to be a 'Grand' Finale' of sorts...

March to the Shore was a lame disappointment in my eyes. Your Bedtime Story is Scaring Everyone is a great closing track- just too much filler (the ambient noise goes on for too long in proportion with the crazy clean vocals at the end). Bottled is fairly boring. Black and White is actually quite epic- one track i keep coming back to when listening to In Flames.

No way is Anders going to be able to pull that chorus off live :D

I quite like SOAPF, first impressions are good. Guitars are solid during the intro/chorus and the solo is great. Sounds like a power metal song in some places.

Not a massive fan of the verses, but they don't last too long so it doesn't ruin the song. Better than anything on ASOP.

Told you the title track was awesome =) Time to download it myself, haven't heard the last 1min 20sec of the song even, and probably this ones a lot better quality than the one I have, lol. Thanks The Charade for the notification of the song leaking :)

Btw the chorus, it takes some listens for it to grow on you, then it will become awesome. It does sound weird at first.

EDIT: LOL the song sounds so much fucking better with full quality. I love how Daniel completely smashes his drum kits.
Btw about the review, I read it yesterday. I found another ''review'' of some sort or wtf you want to call it.
I love the production on this album. Vocals are definitely in the forefront as described, but I don't mind. You can hear everything really well if you really pay attention when you listen. Damn this is going to be a good and versatile album.

Read this: http://www.centurymedia.com/artist.aspx?IdArtist=492
“The Puzzle”, “A New Dawn” might be pretty heavy =)

I thought that one more song would ease the wait a bit but no it won't. I want to hear the whole album!

Edit: "At the same time, they’ve reached back to the “Whoracle” era (1997) on “The Puzzle”, “A New Dawn”, and the latter’s dark spoken word intro, “Jester’s Door”"
Whoracle is my favorite In Flames album so this should be interesting.