In Flames -Sounds of A Playground Fading (Upcoming 10th album)

I thought that one more song would ease the wait a bit but no it won't. I want to hear the whole album!

Edit: "At the same time, they’ve reached back to the “Whoracle” era (1997) on “The Puzzle”, “A New Dawn”, and the latter’s dark spoken word intro, “Jester’s Door”"
Whoracle is my favorite In Flames album so this should be interesting.
Whoracle is my favorite album as well. But I wouldn't take those words a 100% serious though, maybe it will sound Whoracle-like though, hopefully.
Cause I remember on ASOP, Anders said that Drenched in Fear could come straight of Whoracle...I didn't agree but I guess he should know the songs better seeing that he's in the band, I just didn't hear any Whoracle in Drenched in Fear.

Whoracle is my favorite album as well. But I wouldn't take those words a 100% serious though, maybe it will sound Whoracle-like though, hopefully.
Cause I remember on ASOP, Anders said that Drenched in Fear could come straight of Whoracle...I didn't agree but I guess he should know the songs better seeing that he's in the band, I just didn't hear any Whoracle in Drenched in Fear.

I remember him saying that as well. Drenched in Fear doesn't sound like something from Whoracle in my opinion. However there's much more going on in the songs and they are more dynamic this time around so we'll see.

The biggest difference between SOAPF and ASOP (God, I hate this long titles) is that new album has some atmosphere, where ASOP was empty and without purpose (ironic, isn't it). Basically, same stuff, but done much, much better.

Poor Anders... He's gonna die trying to pull off this epic choruses live.

The biggest difference between SOAPF and ASOP (God, I hate this long titles) is that new album has some atmosphere, where ASOP was empty and without purpose (ironic, isn't it). Basically, same stuff, but done much, much better.

Poor Anders... He's gonna die trying to pull off this epic choruses live.
I think ASOPS suffering quality at times is mostly Jespers fault (no offense to him). There was a really lengthy interview about In Flames & their new album, and an interview with Jesper and his new band The Resistance, also talking a lot about his departure from IF and why etc.

Anyways, since I think it's fun to have lyrics, I'll try to decipher what I can later, maybe some of you guys can help.

The first chorus sentence reads:
We are ghosts of the concrete world

@Krofius, can you share the link/source on that interview with Jesper? Sounds like an interesting read. I really need more info on The Resistance :)

I thought that one more song would ease the wait a bit but no it won't. I want to hear the whole album!

Edit: "At the same time, they’ve reached back to the “Whoracle” era (1997) on “The Puzzle”, “A New Dawn”, and the latter’s dark spoken word intro, “Jester’s Door”"
Whoracle is my favorite In Flames album so this should be interesting.

Usually when they say that, it doesn't actually sound like it at all.

Thing that pulls ASOP down is Anders. He sing over absolutely everything. And his singing on that album isn't that great. Sometimes you need to STFU and let guitars do some work. As a result of this, every song seems repetitive and similar, although the music is not bad.

"We are ghosts of the concrete world" (great line btw) sometimes sounds like "We are ghosts of country world" (its really a hint of how will next album be, from pop-rock to county) :D

You define all your needs (?)
The message is in the silence
Whisper words to calm your mind
? sign ?????
It answers

We are ghost of the concrete world
?
? be left behind
Sounds of a playground fading

Starring in the bright lights
I am what I've done
It is useless to hide
An empty shame...????

?
? be left behind

We're running out of time
Can't seem to recognize
What brought us here in the first place
Counting down the days, beginning of the end

?
? be left behind

@Krofius, can you share the link/source on that interview with Jesper? Sounds like an interesting read. I really need more info on The Resistance :)
The problem is that it's a swedish rock/metal Magazine called Close-Up. =/ I think you can buy it digitally though, it costs like 6 euro or something. Let me see if I can get a link. It's a really really good read actually.

Thing that pulls ASOP down is Anders. He sing over absolutely everything. And his singing on that album isn't that great. Sometimes you need to STFU and let guitars do some work. As a result of this, every song seems repetitive and similar, although the music is not bad.

"We are ghosts of the concrete world" (great line btw) sometimes sounds like "We are ghosts of country world" (its really a hint of how will next album be, from pop-rock to county) :D

You define all your needs (?)
Whisper words to calm your mind
? sign ?????
It answers

?
? be left behind

Starring in the bright lights
I am what I've done
It is useless to hide
An empty shame...????

?
? be left behind

Can't seem to recognize
What brought us here in the first place

?
? be left behind

Filling in/changing your lyrics:

You can find all you need
Whisper words to calm your mind (whisper words to calm your mind) Anders whispers the same sentence
Reach inside another playing come-around
It answers

Genetic codes of a dying breed
Will I be left behind

Staring into bright lights
I am what I've done
It is useless to hide
An empty chamber
Guess I was part of a plan

Will I be left behind

Can't seem to recognize
What put us here in the first place

Will I be left behind

Some really fucking great lyrics by Anders imo.

Yeah, great lyrics. Everything around this album reminds me of Clayman. even lyrics.

Reach inside... "another pain comes around" (?)

Does that makes sense?

Also

An empty chamber

sounds like

An empty shame burn

Yeah, great lyrics. Everything around this album reminds me of Clayman. even lyrics.

Reach inside... "another pain comes around" (?)

Does that makes sense?

Also

An empty chamber

sounds like

An empty shame burn
Though, I am certain it's chamber, also it makes 100% sense to the lyrics.
I don't think it's another pain, but I hear him say ''come-around''.
I listened again and it kinda sounds like: Reach inside another playing come-around
Edited into my previous post and now the lyrics for the song is complete :D

It sounds like he's saying "chamber" but wish "sh" like "shamber"

Also, in chorus,

Genetic ghosts of a dying breed

cold be

Genetic cult (?) - doesn't sound like ghosts, and it would be unorthodox to use same word twice in 2 lines.

Doesn't matter, we've got this one pretty much figured out.

I think it's wrong to try and compare this album to Whoracle, Clayman or any of In Flames' albums from that era. Better to judge it against RTR - ASOP as that is the spectrum it really fits in.

I haven't heard anything Clayman-ish about the first couple of songs, as somebody else in the thread mentioned it's more like an upgraded ASOP. Longer solos, better production, better sounding vocals, more variation. If the album continues in the same vein it'll be whhat ASOP should have been.

And Drenched in Fear sounds nothing like anything off Whoracle either, I think Anders was just trolling or drunk when he said that :D

It sounds like he's saying "chamber" but wish "sh" like "shamber"

Also, in chorus,

Genetic ghosts of a dying breed

cold be

Genetic cult (?) - doesn't sound like ghosts, and it would be unorthodox to use same word twice in 2 lines.

Doesn't matter, we've got this one pretty much figured out.
Hey I actually think it's Genetic cults as well. I thought it was weird with the same word in two following sentences...

I just listened to the new song (titletrack), thanks to @A88. Wow. Its much much better than Deliver Us or than anything of ASOP for that matter. I didnt expect this :)

For one, its dynamic. I love all the start/stop parts (as off-putting as this may sound to some, its actually done rather well here). Drums sound pretty good, they are not overcompressed or plastic as on ASOP, and you can actually hear Daniel bashing them pretty hard.

Vocals are good, and if Anders can do them half as good live, I'll be pleased :) I like the chorus, it works pretty well, and its catchy too. I'm actually getting used to the guitar sound, now if it only was a bit louder :Spin:

My only complains for this song are two things: the intro (I think it would sound much much better with an acoustic guitar instead of electric), and the too loud keyboard in the chorus. If the melody that the keys are playing was played harmonized on two guitars, I think it would sound much better.

All in all, pretty good song, sounds like it will work really well live, and I see it as something they might open their setlist with. Cant wait to hear the whole album now :yell: