In Flames -Sounds of A Playground Fading (Upcoming 10th album)

"The biggest difference between SOAPF and ASOP (God, I hate this long titles) is that new album has some atmosphere, where ASOP was empty and without purpose (ironic, isn't it). Basically, same stuff, but done much, much better."

I agree with the guy who said this ^^^

I was also about to say 'Genetic codes' in the chorus. Great lyrics from Anders there- much more thoughtful and relevant than the emo-whinges that appear all over ASOP.

I agree with you, Clay-man, that chugging riffs can become the generic base of an album, all too often. But i think ASOP lacked any 'meat' on it's bones (the bones being the melody). There were chugs-a-plenty on Come Clarity, but the crunchy production managed to erase the heaviness from the chugging (if that makes any sense? ;) ) I think Deliver Us is excellent in that it brings chugging in an almost bombastic way when combined with Daniel's insane drum bashing and the keys!

I'm going to stop searching google and just come on here more often, looking for the latest news and reviews! (think i'll give looking for leaked songs a rest- i want some suprises for my money when June hits)

I entered on the Jester Race and I now I leave through the Jester’s Door (laughs).”
“Or it could be about someone else,” Friden adds.

Perhaps it's a song about Jesper?

I entered on the Jester Race and I now I leave through the Jester’s Door (laughs).”
“Or it could be about someone else,” Friden adds.

Perhaps it's a song about Jesper?
Hey it actually might very well be. Cause I remember in reading in the Close-Up magazine I was talking about, asked whether there was songs about Jesper in the record, Anders said ''maybe'', which clearly indicates an yes :p

I haven't heard the song, but everybody posting about it here makes me REALLY REALLY want to.

Could be, we won't know until we hear it.

I hope Jesper will return to normal life and old form with his new band.

God, I was so hoping that Jester's door will be some sort of short instrumental acoustic song in the vein of TJR material.

Let's hope that A New Dawn is more Whoracle-like then Drenched in Fear. That, or Anders is drunk and talking nonsense again. ;)

Could be, we won't know until we hear it.

I hope Jesper will return to normal life and old form with his new band.

God, I was so hoping that Jester's door will be some sort of short instrumental acoustic song in the vein of TJR material.

Let's hope that A New Dawn is more Whoracle-like then Drenched in Fear. That, or Anders is drunk and talking nonsense again. ;)
But it wasn't Anders who said that this time. It was the guy who did the review =) So I'm pretty certain it'll be Whoracle like now, he said he heard strains from Whoracle in the song...can't wait.

So that sounds fucking awesome. I can definitely hear a lot of ASOP in it, but it's a lot stronger than that, much more atmosphere to the whole thing. Can't wait to hear the rest of the album.

Also, that outro was fucking wonderful.

Sexy new song, the melody going on behind the chorus gives me in flames bonerz like the old days. And the lead/solo is super sexy. I mean this isn't a come back album review, if you still like In Flames your gonna be happy, if you think they have sucked since Colony then give up. This is for us not you.

Sexy new song, the melody going on behind the chorus gives me in flames bonerz like the old days. And the lead/solo is super sexy. I mean this isn't a come back album review, if you still like In Flames your gonna be happy, if you think they have sucked since Colony then give up. This is for us not you.

If anyone thinks Colony sucks they need to fucking kill theirselves.

Going to be interesting to see them pull off the SOAPF solo live lol, there is a rhythm guitar in the background, then there is the lead being played, and the solo over the lead...they will have to skip one part :p